Florida-South Florida
Options

Need Pool Decor Ideas

Hello to my wonderful knotties. I need your help. There is a pool in the backyard where I'm having the reception. I can't figure out what to decorate the pool with! I don't think it has a light built in.

I really like how these candles look in the bowls.
Anyone know where I can find something like this?

Or maybe just surround the pool with candles?
but then i'd be worried about them getting knocked in  =/

or maybe i'll buy a bunch of these in red...
they're only $5.64 each!

guh! I don't know!

help!

Re: Need Pool Decor Ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like the floating blossom candle holder for inside the pool. If there is open bar or children at the wedding the candles sitting on the edge of the pool may get kicked.
    You can just google "pool light candles" and you can see the blossoms come up and also some cool orbs. Good Luck!
  • Options
    PattyJosePattyJose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually love the the candles in the bowl!!!! LOVE IT!!! I think it looks very very elegant!  Im not sure what look you are going for, but they also sell floating rose pedals for pools and it is very inexpensive.

I dont really like the idea of all the candles around the edge of the pool. Maybe you can do those tall glass vase with a long candle in the middle (like they have for church) and spread them out around the edge of the pool. HTH's date twin! ;)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Marian - I have an idea for you... however.. before I tell you I have to confirm that it will work in a pool. So let me consult with the "technician" on all my projects.. the hubby. lol 

If he says it will float, then I'll tell you and see if it's something you like.

I'll get back to you. :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How about just getting large floating candles? U can get them for relatively inexpensive at floral supply shops.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011

i was thinking flowers (i love carnation balls and they are cheap to do) not sure how they float...but i googled and found a pic maybe that with floating candles..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the candles in bowls the most! The carantion balls are also very creative :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    uplyte has wireless lights that can go underwater, i'll be using them under the clear dance floor that will be going over the pool at my reception locale
  • Options
    MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your help and ideas :)

The candles in the bowls are quickly becoming a favorite! I have about 16 candle holders that I could use for this (special thanks to Rosmery!! lol) The tricky part might be trying to find the bowls.

Rosmery:: Can't wait to hear your idea! (if it floats! lol)
    Remy:: That is going to look amazing!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok... hubby has been consulted and it was exactly as I thought.

Here's the first thing that came to mind when you said something for the pool and the pic you put up. EDIT: This is probably not a cheap option, but if DIY'd (most of it anyway) it can be affordable.

1 version
    Using the "Love" symbol from your place cards, you can make a pattern of it, cut it out on styrofoam (which floats) then have your florist add a thin layer of Oasis or floral foam to add flowers to cover the pattern. 

Then a few FloraLytes underneath or a string of lights to light it from underneath. Or even lined with small votive holders all around it.

2nd Version
    Same styrofoam cutout, only with small holes or indents to add only votive holders or FloraLytes. So the entire thing is glowing in either red or candle light.

Here's the link to the submergeable string lights and the FloraLytes.
    http://www.littlebrightlights.com/site/1435548/product/AL-18501
    http://www.littlebrightlights.com/site/1435548/product/AL-08210

In addition.... if  you are able to, you can print on cardstock each of the words. Cut them out so only the word shows. Have them laminated or coated with lacquer or something to make them waterproof. Or these too can be cutout of some waterproof material like acrylic or plexiglass in red. These can be placed on the pool floor and can be seen from the top.

Red plexiglass, like this.
    http://www.littlebrightlights.com/site/1435548/product/AL-08210

Add a bunch of floating votives to just float freely around the top.

Sorry.. complicated I know... but I can see it in my head and it could look really cool.

Call me if that makes no sense what so ever! LOL!!
  • Options
    anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rosmery, your ideas blow me away lol...
    Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
  • Options
    abellabell member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw something called chinese floating water lanterns that come with a tea light that are just beautiful at night.  joylanterns.com

HTH!
  • Options
    MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rosmery you are seriously too much! You can totally tell you miss planning! 

Can't wait to see what you come up with!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FYI I was in target (the one on bird rd) and they had some gold bowls very similar to the ones in the pictures! And better yet, they were on clearance ;) Idk if they will float but definitely worth a look. HTH!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards