Wedding Woes

Varuna.

Thanks for the reminder re the Dresden.  I need to get it.  I'm doing a reread of the series so far and I am only on book 5. I wonder if I should wait until I am finished with the reread or just get it now.  I didn't really enjoy the last few books and am not sure that I want to read them again. I am hoping this one will be better.  It sounds awesome.

I love his Codex Alera series too.

Re: Varuna.

• I'm not Varuna but I'm going to pipe in anyway. I think I am on book 4 of the Dresded series. I flew through the first three but can't seem to get up the steam to read 4.

Codex Alera is what first drew me to Butcher. That is one of my top favorite series. I practically tied DH to a chair to get him to read them but after the first chapter he couldn't put it down. My copies have also passed through Older Sis, her two girls, and a few friends. I am pretty sure I will never actually see my books again.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one." ~C.S. Lewis
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_varuna-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:e4e639d5-5aa9-4b7e-845c-0329fc99e86bPost:98806836-50c5-4331-b4f1-b8abf1880028">Re: Varuna.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not Varuna but I'm going to pipe in anyway. I think I am on book 4 of the Dresded series. I flew through the first three but can't seem to get up the steam to read 4. Codex Alera is what first drew me to Butcher. That is one of my top favorite series. I practically tied DH to a chair to get him to read them but after the first chapter he couldn't put it down. My copies have also passed through Older Sis, her two girls, and a few friends. I am pretty sure I will never actually see my books again.
    Posted by MizBiscuit[/QUOTE]

I really liked the Canim and the Marat from the Codex. I wish he'd do some stories about them.  I'm actually rereading the Codex now too. I usually have more than 1 book going at a time. If I remember correctly, the series ending felt kind of rushed and left a lot of questions.  I was a bit disappointed.  Overall, I loved it though.
  • I liked Codex until the end.  For some reason, it fell flat for me.

I hate that I'm being this person, but I haven't enjoyed the last few either.  I far prefered it when Harry was just a power slinging wizard having adventures/butt kickings.  All of the romantic/familial entanglements were getting to be too much.  That is actually why Butcher says he "killed" him off for just a bit.

I did like the Murphy story once I accepted it wasn't about Harry anymore.

I re-read the series not too long ago too.  I like that they're all kind of quick and entertaining.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_varuna-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:e4e639d5-5aa9-4b7e-845c-0329fc99e86bPost:e115b560-f890-469e-bcca-b9784b5d8841">Re: Varuna.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I liked Codex until the end.  For some reason, it fell flat for me. I hate that I'm being this person, but I haven't enjoyed the last few either.  I far prefered it when Harry was just a power slinging wizard having adventures/butt kickings.  All of the romantic/familial entanglements were getting to be too much.  That is actually why Butcher says he "killed" him off for just a bit. I did like the Murphy story once I accepted it wasn't about Harry anymore. I re-read the series not too long ago too.  I like that they're all kind of quick and entertaining.
    Posted by VarunaTT[/QUOTE]

Agree with all of this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards