Indiana
Options

Reception Venues in Fort Wayne

Hi! I'm originally from Fort Wayne, IN (my fiance and I live in Phoenix now) and we are going to have the wedding in Fort Wayne. I'm going for an extended visit in a week to take a first look at some venues for our reception. I think it's going to be a small wedding so I really don't want a big reception hall. Any ideas of venues that are more intimate with a little character??

Re: Reception Venues in Fort Wayne

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've always liked Goegliens because of the stone fireplace and wood beams. They can section off different rooms depending on the size your looking for. The coliseum actually has some nice reception areas that are differant, like the rotunda area and the lounge.  I kept running into the same problem with places being just too big or they were blank slates with no personality.
    Photobucket creamykill: 1. An amazing kill on a video game 2. A secret code name. 3. a word to make you go WTF?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shiloh has two rooms but if you close off one or just use it for dancing it's pretty intimate :) good luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Our wedding & reception are actually going to be up in Auburn at the ACD Museum. They have lots of space, but definitely a lot more charactert than most halls.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Shay022Shay022 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ditto the previous posts.

Some others to consider:

Soloman Farm

Botannical Conservatory

FW History Center...very pretty walls and ceiling...beautiful wood staircase
    Hall's Guesthouse
    IPFW Walb ballroom
    Indiana Hotel Lobby...very pretty and intimate
    Embassy Theatre...also very pretty and intimate
    The Philmore on Broadway...neat jazzy facility

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    herrayherray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out the FW Women's Club. We had our rehearsal dinner there and its beautiful. It is on Wayne St near the library.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally like geogleins, but we looked in to the ipfw walb room- we had a dance there in school- scottish rite- prom there, another place we looked at was the tincap stadium- parkview field.
    ~my new planning bio~ ~I am proud to be in love with a American Solider- He's a true American hero~ ~"When i close my eyes by your side is where i'll always be"~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards