October 2013 Weddings

Wednesday

It is mid-week. What have you done to get in shape so far this week?

I have done nothing! I can barely put shoes on without my toes hurting like crazy. Finally only have one more lb of water rentention to lose so thats good.

Eating wise, I have been doing well since Monday. (Sat I ran a marathon which burned more calories than I eat in two days, I ate like a pig for two days).

Last night I made homemade tacos with half turkey half beef (our grocery store sells it that way), didn't use a seasoning packet but did my own seasonings of cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper, ancho chili powder, and garlic powder. First attempt and it was good!

Re: Wednesday

• I did a half iron on sunday, and since yesterday at noon I cant eat. Forced down time :/
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • I am retaining water too - so frustrating.  I ran three miles this morning and have a spinning class this evening.   Must look hot for wedding pix.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jane Austen where in DC are you? Maybe we can do a run or bike ride together sometime :)
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Not in the same line as you ladies, but I haven't had a cigarette since Sunday! I was between 10-20 cigarettes per day depending on what we were doing/socializing/all day sporting event/working...but I don't really think a cigarette and a wedding dress look good together! I feel like I could punch anyone at any given moment AND on top of this, I'm PMS'ing (I know, TMI). But I do know that this is the single most important thing I could do for my body right now. I'm just really hoping I don't pack on a bunch of weight, but that's why I'm doing it now. I've also been going to jazzercise 2 times per week and slacking but doing the 30 day shred 1-3 times per week. Please wish me luck, I feel like I really need it! Ugh!! And thanks in advance
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lconoran, that is awesome! Way to go!!! Baby steps and you will be there in no time.

• I have been slacking the past two weeks :( Between a root canal and my lymph nodes turning into little golf balls, I haven't been up to exercsing. 

I am currently "training" towards the MN Ironman. It's only a bike ride, but this is the FIRST thing I have ever worked towards. On Monday, I pushed myself and went for an 11 mile bike ride. It felt really good, but I don't think it did any good for my sicklyness. 

As far as my eating....well, it's one thing at a time. I have been choosing organic or natural whenever possible. And I watch what I eat, but I don't count calories lol!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I haven't had a lot of motivation. My FI and I aren't good runners, so we are training for a few 5k's next year. Mainly, a warrior's run, the boilermaker 5k, and a color run. I thought it'd be a good and fun goal to have. I also don't count calories, but have been trying to eat healthier. 
  • Lconoran you are going the right direction, you can quit this habit for good!

Emily are you training for the ironman or the bike leg of an ironman? I'm confused. If you are going to do a full ironman I am your biggest fan and exceedingly jelly cause I've been told no by my doctors. I had to fight to do half irons and I loved the one I just did. Cant wait to tri it again.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • The ironman in MN is just a bike ride. They offer 17, 30 and 50 mile options. The MN Grand Fondo is also ran the same day. I'm aiming for the 30 mile ride, and I don't think I will have too hard of a time attaining that. I bought myself a nice bike, and need a goal to work towards.

I can't do a full ironman (swim, bike, run). That would be hilarious for others to watch, but I'm pretty sure I'd die almost right away...
  • Emily a 30 mile ride is an easy ride to obtain you'll get there. It just seems like a lot in the begining. What kind of bike did you get? I 100% reccomend trying a century ride they are a lot of fun with good company. I'd like to do a metric century with some friends next year if I have time they are 62 miles. Just enough distance to test you but not enough to floor you.

The training for an ironman is brutal, even the half is brutal. I've done a lot of endurance events but a half ironman is no joke its a double event in the world of endurance races. It was brutal but a good brutal. At the end you are just in awe that your determination and body just completed that mess of 70.3 miles the pain is secondary.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:770359b4-62b9-4c39-bdf4-c48f916bc1daPost:2661ee36-a254-4ec2-8325-4e7c26a3953c">Re: Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Emily a 30 mile ride is an easy ride to obtain you'll get there. It just seems like a lot in the begining. What kind of bike did you get? I 100% reccomend trying a century ride they are a lot of fun with good company. I'd like to do a metric century with some friends next year if I have time they are 62 miles. Just enough distance to test you but not enough to floor you. The training for an ironman is brutal, even the half is brutal. I've done a lot of endurance events but a half ironman is no joke its a double event in the world of endurance races. It was brutal but a good brutal. At the end you are just in awe that your determination and body just completed that mess of 70.3 miles the pain is secondary.
    Posted by dewingedpixie[/QUOTE]

<div>That is awesome! That is a great accomplishment for you :)</div><div>
    </div><div>I bought a Specialized Vita. I really like it, but now I am seeing the advantages of a dropped handlebar :) I'm for sure doing the 30 mile, but the 50 would be fun too! I don't know anyone who bikes in the area, so the ride will be solo for me. We will see how training in the winter goes!</div>
  • The drop bars are excellent for downhills and distance.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Dewinged, have you ever done a Dual? That is a goal of mine.

• I have not done a duathlon yet. I'd like to do a powerman and maybe an aquavelo though.

DIStickers.com Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards