Christian Weddings
Options

Wednesday QOTD

Did you give anything up for Lent? Have you ever in the past and been succesful? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wednesday QOTD

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Not this year. I've tried in the past and I haven't ever been successful. I'm thinking about doing another week-long fast (it's not a total fast, it's a extremely limited diet fast) though. The first time I did it I had several eye-opening moments. (Plus it got me into drinking tea!)
  • Options
    I'm giving up my nice breakfasts.  I'd been indulgent lately eating pastries etc for breakfast.  For Lent I'm givng that up and it's just tea/water/juice.  No hot choclate either.  No cheating my eating a really early lunch.  So far so good.  I felt right about the decision during Ash Wednesday Service.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I did not give up anything this year. I gave up sweets last year and was somewhat succesful. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Umm let's see. I've given up a few things and was able to break a few habbits. Also when I was at Bible Collge I was reading my Bible all the time to the point where I wasn't praying anymore and it was like a textbook I was studying for school, so I gave up my Bible! I had to rely on talking to God for awhile and it was really good for me.

This year I decided to add thankfulness. So each day I think of 5 things I'm thankful for. In a way for lent I am working on changing my attitude. ;-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards