New York-Western

Transportation help

Hi girls!

I'm visiting from the DC boards- I'm a bridesmaid in a Rochester wedding on July 9 and the bride asked me this week to figure out transportation. I've contacted three places so far- Esteem Limo which was $839/$739 depending on vehicle, Prestige was $720, and Affordable Limousine was all booked. The prices included a bigger chunk of time earlier in the day, then 1-2 hours in the evening, also included tax and tip.

The bride really only needs transport 2 pm for the 10 min ride hotel to ceremony/reception venue, then around 9pm for the ride back to the hotel. Doesn't care particularly about having a limo, but would at least like a nice car.

Do these prices seem reasonable? Can you girls think of other ideas? The bride freaked when I sent her the prices and I'm not sure if they're really far off cuase they seem reasonable from our area. I searched the boards and saw Aces and S&S got good reviews, so I will check with them as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Transportation help

• spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just used Quality Transportation and they were great. I believe they have a few different vehicles besides limos. We had them for 5 hrs, and it was $549 (it really really sucks that you have to pay for ANY limo for all 5 hours when you only use it for 20 minutes!!!!!!!!!) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    We're going with Prestige.  I remember that they were right in line with the other companies we researched.

I have heard horror stories from Diamond Limos.  You might want to avoid them.

If she just cares about having a nice car, going over to the ceremony/reception, you guys might be able to car pool and then once she's done at the ceremony/reception try contacting them for a town car service.  I mean, if you get town car service to the airport, you're not talking $700, you're talking more like $50-100.
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards