Moms and Maids

MOH vs. Bridesmaid/ event planner

Help! Disaster has struck mybridal  party...my MOH and bridemaid/ planner are battling against each other with a situation that has nothing to do with the wedding. Both are cousins of mine were we grew up together as sisters. Bridesmaid A has stolen 2 pairs of shoes from MOH and hasn't been heard from in 3 weeks and been dodges mine and her phone calls and txt messages. Should I mediate the situation or should I cut responsibilty of event planner and take on this planning myself?

Re: MOH vs. Bridesmaid/ event planner

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-vs-bridesmaid-event-planner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:14c228f3-05a4-4104-8f41-d4683447eeb8Post:0a22e4c3-9656-4c9d-a346-125d8bd5d550">MOH vs. Bridesmaid/ event planner</a>:
    [QUOTE]           Help! Disaster has struck mybridal  party...my MOH and bridemaid/ planner are battling against each other with a situation that has nothing to do with the wedding. Both are cousins of mine were we grew up together as sisters. Bridesmaid A has stolen 2 pairs of shoes from MOH and hasn't been heard from in 3 weeks and been dodges mine and her phone calls and txt messages. Should I mediate the situation or should I cut responsibilty of event planner and take on this planning myself?
    Posted by Warrior13[/QUOTE]
    The only thing I can understand is you asking if you should plan your wedding.  The answer to that is yes.  Your BP =/= wedding planner.  <div>
    </div><div>If you are talking about a prewedding event (like a shower or bachelorette party) then no.  You don't plan those events.  If they drop the ball on planning those then you just don't have them.</div><div>
    </div><div>As far as the stealing of the shoes go, don't get in the middle of their battle.  It's not your place and will only hurt your relationship with one or both of them.</div>
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-vs-bridesmaid-event-planner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:14c228f3-05a4-4104-8f41-d4683447eeb8Post:0a22e4c3-9656-4c9d-a346-125d8bd5d550">MOH vs. Bridesmaid/ event planner</a>:
    [QUOTE]           Help! Disaster has struck mybridal  party...my MOH and bridemaid/ planner are battling against each other with a situation that has nothing to do with the wedding. Both are cousins of mine were we grew up together as sisters. Bridesmaid A has stolen 2 pairs of shoes from MOH and hasn't been heard from in 3 weeks and been dodges mine and her phone calls and txt messages. <strong>Should I mediate the situation</strong> or <strong>should I cut responsibilty of event planner and take on this planning myself?</strong>
    Posted by Warrior13[/QUOTE]

1. You should let the bm and MOH work out there own problem. It has nothing to do with you.

2. 'Event Planner' is a paid position. If you are not paying your cousin, you and fi should plan your own wedding.

• I think I would let them handle the situation themselves....no need for you to be stuck in he middle......I take it the BM that stole the shoes is helping you as an event planner.  Is this her profession or just helping???? Do you have any venues or companies picked out??? Maybe wait a tad and see how this plays out. You probably have an idea of what you want your wedding to be like and the vendors...so do you have a short list of them/ visited any/ or seen if they are available....most importantly the church or ceremony site and reception would be needed to book first..ALSO does the BM have a history of stealing or is this a misunderstanding?????.Is she local....why does the other cousin not pop in on her and see whats going on???? again I'd let them hash it out unless this is a continual problem then Id be asking myself if I  really want her around if you always have to watch her like a hawk....
  • Since your wedding is a year + out I would stay out of whatever is going on between the two of them and let them work it out.

As far as the planner BM, if she has volunteered to do this for you I would just back off any planning with her right now.  You have plenty of time and you don't need her for big decisions like venues and vendors.  Am I correct that she volunteered for this?
  • OP, are you the person who posted about having no "cooridanator" on another board?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards