DC
Options

getting shoes dyed in Washington DC

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good place to get shoes dyed? My mom bought me a pair of dyeable shoes and now I need to get them dyed for the big day (in 30 days!).

I live in DC and Northern Virginia is more accessible to me, but I am willing to drive to Maryland too.

Thank you!

Re: getting shoes dyed in Washington DC

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've gotten recs. for the cobblers bench in montgomery mall.  I called and the guy I spoke too told me he they need a week and it's $25.00.  the als ohave other locations in the District.  You can gettheir address online.
  • Options
    psmith1216psmith1216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I took mine to the Cobbler's Bench in the Montgomery Mall in MD and as pp said - it took a week and cost $25.  They did a great job (don't forget your ticket!) and you don't need a fabric swatch - there is an entire swatch book they will have you pick a color from.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The cobbler in Union Station dyed mine and did a good job.
  • Options
    antibride01antibride01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the feedback! I work across the street from Union Station, so I will take my shoes there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    To you ladies who have gotten your shoes dyed, are they sensitive to waterspots? I am worried that if my feet get hot they will get spots.
  • Options
    tracy_ktracy_k member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DO NOT go to the Cobbler's Bench in Montgomery Mall. I went there based on recommendations from a couple Knotties and it was HORRIBLE.

He really did a terrible job... my shoes had t-straps and he did not dye the part of the strap underneath where it connected. He also got dye all over the soles, and it was applied unevenly on the heels, he charged me $40 upfront and refused to refund any of my money.

Go ANYWHERE ELSE.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards