Getting in Shape

Sunday- New Members

Hello! I just wanted to introduce myself to this board, have started lurking the past few days and everyone seems really helpful!

I'll give a quick bio on my current weight loss and goals. I started pushing myself for a change in mid march, first by cutting out fatty food, and snack foods ( I have a bad habit of snacking and not noticing). My FI and I started to just buy whole grain rice, pasta, bread, along with veggies, chicken, and turkey, and make our meals every day with what we have :) It has been very hard for him, he was used to living off fast food everyday when we first met but has become to norm over the last few months. We also only drink water or tea. With that and a light gym workout 2 times a week I was able to lose 30lbs over the last two and half months, and drop down two dress sizes :) I was super stoked about this, but am at the point where the weight loss has slown and my body has adjusted so I have kicked it up to going to the gym five times a week, and running at least a mile a day. I am so glad I have done this, my body feels so much more alive, and I have fallen in love with jogging/running. I'm actually trying to make it a goal to run a half marathon in November, we'll see if I'm able to get myself up to it!

I still have quite a ways to go in weight loss, I still need to lose about another 150lbs before I'm at a healthy weight, aiming for another dress size over the next two months :) I'm so glad I've made a change in my life and hope to keep it up after the wedding. I would love to hear from anyone out there who can share there goals and weight loss plans so we can learn from and support each other! And if anyone has any idea's on how to get your FI more active with you, I would be very appreciative :) Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket

Re: Sunday- New Members

• raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2010
    Welcome!

And, just a FYI, the word you're looking for is lose, not loose.  You mentioned several times about loosing weight.  As you lose weight, your pants get loose

It sounds like you've made some great changes.  Let us know if you need any more ideas.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome to the boards, lots of great people with great advice and support here! I was gone for a while and sooo glad to be back! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards