Michigan-Detroit
Options

MMPP

How was everyone's weekend?  What planning did you get done and what do you have on tap for this week?

Re: MMPP

• Options

Oh how I hate Mondays..lol.

I didnt really do any planning this weekend. I did re-do and update our wedding website. This week I need to call our reception hall and see whats on the menu for this weekend so maybe we can do a tasting, Friday I need to get the rest of our DIY stuff and brunch items, cause Saturday Im hosting a bridesmaid Pj party! We are gonna sit around in our Pjs have some yummy food and mimosa's and do our DIY stuff. Centerpieces, table #'s, napkins, stuff invites, and Im sure there is more..lol

Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • Options
    This weekend was not long enough. Definitely not ready for class today.

Went to a bridal show at Laurel Manor Sunday-was kind of surprised at how small it was. Got into an argument with my Grandma about wedding singers and seating charts. LOL She has a specific "vision"  in mind when it comes to our wedding and she's not understanding that it's not what we want. 

Friday I am trying on my dress again and my mother is coming to see it. I can't wait! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've recovering from a bad slip and fall in my driveway yesterday.  Apparently there was ice under the snow and I hit it HARD!!
  • Options
    My weekend was ok.  We made a last minute trip down to FL to go see my FI's grandpa.  He's pretty sick right now and currently at home with hospice care.  We don't think he'll make it until the wedding unfortunately.  That's why I didn't make it to the GTG.

When we got back I finished one of my pomanders and did a mock up of the invites.  It turned out well so I'm going to start making them when I have time. 

This week I need to finish one of my grad school apps, work on a paper for work, review my boss's grant, and possibly apply for a mortgage.  We want to buy a house right after I find out where I'm going to go to school.
  • Options
    I had a very full weekend. I think besides when I was sleeping I was only home for one hour.

Saturday I went dress shopping with my mom at Arena. She feel in love witha  dress but it was $600 so we are still look around. I got to try on my dress with my veil and heels though so that was fun.

Sunday I worked with my cousin and got all the wording for our invites done. I am really excited and relieved it when so easily. Now we just need to start printing them.

Not to much on tap for this week yet. Remeet with a linen guy to look at some other options for table runners and turn in my wedding coordinator contract.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I went to Chicago for a family event and it was a LOT of fun, but I didn't get enough sleep. It was really nice to get away. 

This week I want to catch up on sleep and homework! 
  • Options
    Same thing I was supposed to do last week (send wedding day stationary needs to the stationer). Also, hoping to get my invitations off to the printer today and returned tomorrow. So, later this week will be assembly!
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Had a mildly productive weekend - ended up FINALLY getting a dining room table (we've been at our apartment for a year and a half and have been using a fold-up "game" table as our dining room table). I feel like an adult now lol.

Didn't get a chance to really start on any wedding projects, starting to feel like I'm getting behind.
  • Options
    This weekend was pretty good, I got to see some friends I haven't seen in awhile, so that was fun.

Tonight, FI and I are going to meet with our Priest to decide on ceremony times and what not. Once we have that time figured out, then we can pick our a package from the photog we have chosen.
  • Options
    FI were getting ready to go register and pick out a tux when we got called into work sunday :( and had to work a 10 hour day so i hope this weekend some time i can get all that done plus cake stuff. we are getting close and hit our busy season at work :/
  • Options
    My weekend was not so good.  Nothing wedding related done.  My father ended up in the hospital.  Good news is that he just has a really bad stomach bug, but that was it.  Oh and my doc called me about some tests that were done.  I have gallstones.  :(  So I have been referred to a surgon and going to talk to him tomorrow.  :(  The idea of surgery scares the bejeezes out of me.  :(

Still want to work on centerpieces this week, but not exactly sure when.  Friday is our tasting with the hall.  So excited to finally taste the food that we've heard such good things about.
  • Options
    I went to the bridal show at Laurel Manor on Sunday also. It was a good show for my first one since it was small. FI and I really need to decide on a photographer, so I am going to go through and make up a spreadsheet this week, since i like about 10.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My weekend went by way too quickly. I worked 25 hours this weekend plus I had a lot of homework and studying to finish up. Needless to say, it was not relaxing! I am looking forward to next weekend though. FI and I are driving out to Grand Rapids to meet with a photographer, Amanda Mae Designs. I really love her work and she did one of my friends wedding and got great reviews! Hopefully we will click!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thumper, don't be afraid of gallbladder surgery. My daughter had a vicious gall bladder attack 24 hrs after our wedding ..........yes, 5 pm on Sunday, the day after our wedding. She had it taken out on Monday, has 3 small incisions about 1-2 inches long, and only one is even slightly visible now. She was only 16 at the time, and came through like a real trooper. Missed about a week of school due to not being able to lift more than 10 lbs (ie backpack). Other than that, no issues.

We went and saw "War Horse". It's a really good movie, but you have to like history a bit.....the scenery was absolutely fabulous however in the beginning of the movie.

Today just SUCKED ALL DAY. Our work system Microsoft Outlook was down all day after 9 am.........no email, couldn't email coworkers or clients. Couldn't even send an email telling them it was down and to call us. I have no idea how many emails will "pop" into my inbox tomorrow if it's even up by then. AAARRRGH.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards