Texas-Austin
Options

Photography for less than $1,000?

I am just beginning my search for a photographer, and while it is one of the most important aspects of my wedding, our budget cannot afford the typical $2,000 to $4,500 fee.  Does anyone know of a good photographer in the Austin area that is closer to the $600 to $1,000 range for the wedding day?  Thank you!

Re: Photography for less than $1,000?

• Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Search for Daniel Grove Photography on Facebook. That's who we are using. He is still a student, but his work is good. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Use the local vendors feature here on The Knot. If you scroll down to the bottom of the photography section, you can search by price range. I think there are 4 or 5 photographers that start out under 1,000.

Here we  go, here is the link that lists the ones that are under 1,000. http://www.theknot.com/Vendors/Austin-Wedding-Photographers/Profiles/PHO/191/268/1

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Blackerby Photography. Their work is outstanding and the prices were very reasonable when we booked with them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    look at kforce on  facebook she does great work for cheap. good luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Blue Sparrow Photography and she is really reasonable.  Her website has a base price to start at, but she does offer customized packages and discount weddings for weekday weddings or weddings less than a certain number of hours (can't remember how many)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We found our photographer on Craigslist. He was a recent graduate and had a wonderful portfolio of event and portrait work, but had never done weddings. We got him for a STEAL ($400, which included attendance/photos of the rehearsal, unlimited time at the wedding, and full printing rights of the 1200+ images we received). I still cannot believe we got so lucky. We love our photos! It really was a hunt to find him but once we met him and saw his work, we knew it was a match. He has increased his prices dramatically now so he wouldn't be in your budget, but this post is meant to recommend digging around for new talent! :)
  • Options
    tkalaurietkalaurie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are anywhere close to the Temple/Belton area, we are using Josh Quinn.  He has done many of my friend's weddings in the past and we just took our engagement pictures with him a couple weeks ago.  I love him because he is totally down to earth and really "clicked" with my fiance (which I was worried about having someone that annoyed him so he wouldn't want to cooperate!).  Not to mention he is really good and reasonable.  His number is 254-721-4283.  Good luck!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Janet Skeem with Skeem Photography.  She's based out of San Antonio, but will travel to Austin.  We hired her for 900.00.  Check out her website...skeemphotography.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Willhollisphotography.com. He's absolutely fantastic.
  • Options
    megandgregmegandgreg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!

I am an event planner (circlethedateevent.com) here in Austin and I work with  Solstice Event Photography as much as I can. I event used him for my own wedding and engagements. The Lead Photographer Rick Smith is amazing. He is very affordable and his work is amazing.

http://www.solsticeeventphotography.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards