New Jersey - South

Wedding dress shops - which ones are good

Ok - i am sucking it up and going dress shopping this weekend...

I am meeting one of my bridesmaids in the Cherry Hill area and was thinking of Country Way and Davids Bridal...anyone else have any other suggestions?

Thank you !
- Heather Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding dress shops - which ones are good

• edited December 2011
    If you don't have any luck this weekend, your second trip could be closer to the beach.  I got my dress at Tesi's in Ventnor.  There are also Wedding Belles and Something Old Something New.  I do not recommend trying any of these places on Memorial Day weekend with the traffic and all :)

Good luck shopping!
  • edited December 2011
    I also went to the Bridal Garden and Irma's. Like pp's said if those locations don't work for you, you could also go more central jersey. Lawrenceville and Bordentown area have a lot! Fantasy Weddings, The Perfect Dress, and Bridals by Michelle Renee. HTH
  • Amy4282Amy4282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Jay West - its a couple doors down from Country Way.  I got my dress and my bridesmaid dresses there, they are great to work with.  but I definitely recommend making an appt.  you can also try Macy's Bridal at the Cherry Hill mall.
  • edited December 2011
    Also try Aimee Michelle on Route 70 and Irma's, someone already mentioned.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and I meant to add that if you are going to David's bridal the Deptford location is larger and seems to have more of a selection on hand than the Maple Shade store.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I suggest Irma's.  Went there and the dress I wanted was a few hundred dollars less there, than in other shops I went to!

GL
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Belles in Northfield has the best employees!
  • NJ789NJ789 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Irma's and Jay West were great.  I had a less than stellar experience at The Bridal Garden.  I was in a wedding where we got the dresses at Aimee Michelle and woudln't recommend them.  GL!
  • kitten444kitten444 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone !!

Where is Irma's?

also -- i live up by bordentown and didnt know any of those were up here !!!
    thanks demarcosjd !
    - Heather Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    When I first got my dress at Bridal Garden, I recommended them to other brides.  Now, I'd suggest you stay far away.  They are beyond rude.  I'd give my business to someone else if I could do it all over again.  I loved Country Way!  The girl in there was amazingly helpful and their dresses are gorgeous.
  • edited December 2011
    You're welcome. We got our BM's dresses from Fantasy Weddings and they were great to work with. I'm also in a wedding in November and got our dresses from the Perfect Dress both have been great. GL
  • edited December 2011
    Fantasy Weddings and Bridal by Michelle Renee were great. Fantasy Weddings may have a larger selection. Also if your down in that area there is also The Bridal Suite in Hamilton. They are good too. Have fun!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know Wedding Belles is having a 20-60% off Memorial Day Sale this weekend too.
  • lineallowsforlineallowsfor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stay AWAY from Country Way! I was browsing in the store when a bride's mother got into a dispute with the owner about alterations - the owner threw the mother out and called he a fat f*cking b*tch in front of a store FULL OF CUSTOMERS!  I walked out after that.
  • sas0402sas0402 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_wedding-dress-shops-ones-good?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:93aa52f9-7cca-48a9-9f74-e1594a809d24Post:998c0b5f-7a4f-4df1-b925-d56fd77d51da">Re: Wedding dress shops - which ones are good</a>:
    [QUOTE]Irma's and Jay West were great.  I had a less than stellar experience at The Bridal Garden.  I was in a wedding where we got the dresses at Aimee Michelle and woudln't recommend them.  GL!
    Posted by NJ789[/QUOTE]
    Why wouldnt you recommend Aimee Michelle?  I  looked up a dress designer I like and it looks like Irma's Bridal doesnt carry the full line of the designer.  Aimee does...  When i go lookin for a dress this might be a problem for me now.  eh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards