Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

2 solos in a ceremony?

We asked my FBIL a while ago to sing a duet in our wedding- he is in high school but is an amazing singer. Now my FH and I want to sing a duet, because we are singers as well. Is it ok to have two solos in a ceremony? Any ideas on where to place them? I was thinking the solo during the unity candle and our surprise (to family and friends) duet near the end. I'm thinking Ave Maria for him and From this moment on or When god made you for us- any thoughts on the placement or song choices would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Re: 2 solos in a ceremony?

• edited December 2011
    I'm not crazy about you singing, either.  It's supposed to be your wedding, not your performance.  I would think you would want to enjoy your ceremony instead of performing in it and adding that to your list of things to be on your mind that day.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to agree with the others on this.  not sure if you and your FI singing in your own wedding would be the best idea.  I do love the song "When God Made You" Thats our first dance song, but I wouldn find someone else to do it if you want both solos sang.
  • A&EToBeA&EToBe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you considered singing at the reception instead? I'm sort of on the band-wagon about not singing at your own wedding. I am also a classically trained singer, and I get asked all the time if I'm going to sing to my fiance at our wedding.  People are always really surprised that I have no interest in it. I just feel like we'll already be in the spotlight, there's no reason to draw more attention to myself.

I don't necessarily think that it's inappropriate for you to sing, I just personally wouldn't. (I also agree with the PPs who said that you may be emotional which will make performing far more difficult, and really... don't you have enough on your plate that day? )  Whichever you choose though, I'm sure it will be beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    256image Invited to come play!
    144image Will join us in the sandbox
    112image Took their toys and went home
    0image Are still asking their mommies
  • lshansenlshansen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We decided to do Steven Curtis Chapmans I Will Be Here- FBIL will sing beginning as we light our candles and then we will sing the rest of it, and it is going to be a surprise. I am SO excited- couldn't be more perfect!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards