New York-New York City
Options

Belly dancer recommendation

My fiance and I are getting married at the Rockleigh in Rockleigh, NJ September 2012.  I am Greek and Swedish and he is Persian and Italian.  We are having a Greek ceremony, but I wanted to surprise him and hire a belly dancer (or a few) to perform right at the tail end of dinner - does anyone have any suggestions?  Is this a good idea?  I figure it would be a great way to incorporate the Persian side in the celebration.

Re: Belly dancer recommendation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Contact Daniela, she's a former knottie (now nestie) and she is SUPER talented and has a GREAT group with her.  I used her recently for my father's 60th Bday Party and it was a huge hit.

Just one thing, speak to your future in-laws and see if it's something they would recommend for the wedding.  While you may think it's a great idea, some parents may be a bit more conservative and not such a fan.  My background is Middle Eastern and we're certainly very American/Western, my parents didn't feel that it was appropriate (not sure why) for my wedding.

Daniela's Website:  http://www.danielabellydance.com/
  • Options
    Thanks for the info!  I will look into it for sure :)  Glad to hear she was such a hit at your dad's' party!

His Persian side is definitely into this idea, so I  think I will be okay.  Thanks for the head's up :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards