Vermont

Help: 1st anniversary vacation suggestion

My husband and I will be celebrating our 1st anniversary this Memorial Day weekend.  We are looking for a romantic weekend getaway somewhere in Vermont.  Any ideas and suggestions would be great!  Thanks in advance!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Help: 1st anniversary vacation suggestion

• edited December 2011
    You should look at the Rabbit Hill Inn. I have a friend who did a honeymoon there and loved it.
  • edited December 2011
    We recently spent a weekend at the Willoughvale Inn, which is right on Lake Willoughby. The lake is very beautiful and peaceful. We stayed in the Robert Frost cabin, it was very cute and rustic. Perfectly romantic!! However, it is out in the middle of nowhere, so you'd probably spend most of your time at the inn... However, great service and beautiful grounds.

good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    you can also look at inn at mountain view farms in burke vt. http://www.innmtnview.com/ it is beautiful and relaxing and charming.  great food and service.  also pretty remote, but you are only 20 minutes from St. Johnsbury where there are some limited restaurants and a movie theatre.  also a farmers market.  you are also about 40 minutes from littleton nh which has a cute downtown area and great dining.  the town of burke itself has burke mountain to hike and bike as well as a nice little restaurant (wildflower i think it is called) and a cute little country store.

if you are looking for more to do, look up near burlington/lake champlain.  tons to do and really beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards