South Carolina-Charleston

Where to eat, what to do in Charleston

Hello

I'm an old pittsburgh knottie and am visiting Charleston in July.  My husband and I have been there twice before and love it, so we're heading back down for another vacation.  I'm looking for some new restuarant suggestions and things to do.  Our favorite restuarant is Coast, so we'll be going there for sure.  Any suggestions of new places to try and things to do would be great!  Thank you in advance.

Re: Where to eat, what to do in Charleston

• edited December 2011
    FIG, Jestine's, High Cotton, Hominy Grill and (if you can splurge) Penninsula Grill. Have fun!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    We had our reception at Tristan across from the Market. And we always have to eat at Joseph's while we're there. For our night out we went to S.N.O.B.
    Have fun I miss it already and just left 2 weeks ago.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Carolina's is a fabulous restaurant "off the beaten path" that would be perfect for a romantic dinner.  Also must go to Cru Cafe for lunch, and Poogans Porch for Brunch is amazing! I'd recommend reservations at Carolinas and Cru for lunch or dinner.
  • katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Also if you want to see some beautiful historic homes check out the Aiken Rhett House and Nathaniel Russell House.  You can get a discounted ticket if you purchase for both houses at the same time.  And if you are coming in the fall then be sure to look into the Preservation Society's Fall Tour of Homes, you can find the dates and info on their website.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_eat-charleston?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:600Discussion:f6cc88f7-4ed9-4fd4-9229-b7cf9f7eb5ccPost:558c1b01-62a6-4d7e-bdf1-3a6119ab13a7">Re: Where to eat, what to do in Charleston</a>:
    [QUOTE]Carolina's is a fabulous restaurant "off the beaten path" that would be perfect for a romantic dinner.  Also must go to Cru Cafe for lunch, and Poogans Porch for Brunch is amazing! I'd recommend reservations at Carolinas and Cru for lunch or dinner.
    Posted by katiewest[/QUOTE]

<div>Cru catered my wedding (YUM!) and I can't believe I forgot Poogan's! </div><div>
    </div><div>Y'all are making me homesick. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!!  I'm so excited to go back.  I love visiting Charleston : )
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_eat-charleston?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:f6cc88f7-4ed9-4fd4-9229-b7cf9f7eb5ccPost:0a62e506-0c77-4c9e-a321-5d38a3b18cf1">Re: Where to eat, what to do in Charleston</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where to eat, what to do in Charleston : Cru catered my wedding (YUM!) and I can't believe I forgot Poogan's!  Y'all are making me homesick. 
    Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]

Me too! And I don't even live there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Carolinas
    Cypress
    Fish
    Coast
     Basil

YUM! Needless to say I've gained some serious weight since I moved here last year!
  • edited December 2011
    Sullivan's on Sullivan's Island in Sc. Ahhmazing. Especially the She Crab soup!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We will have to try Sullivan's.  She Crab soup is a must. 
  • cougarettecougarette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hank's has great seafood.  Mercato and Bocci's are good if you like Italian.  Josephs is definitely the place to get pancakes.

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • edited December 2011
    High Cotton, Snob, McCradys, Tristan, Hanks (for seafood), Grill 225 has a great Champagne brunch, Poe's on Sullivans (for great burgers and atmospher), FIG, Oak Steakhouse...all great!  There are so many great places, it's hard to list them all here.  Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards