New York-Western

Rochester Vendor Reviews!

I've been waiting for this day! :) We got married Saturday, and had a WONDERFUL time! Hope these help someone!

Ceremony:  Linehan Chapel at Nazareth College
We chose this venue because we wanted a secular ceremony in a church setting, and this was one of the few places that allowed it. The coordinators, Ruth and Patricia, were incredibly helpful and organized, made sure everything went so smoothly at the rehearsal and actual ceremony. Discount if you're a Naz alum!

Reception: Casa Larga
Could not have chosen a better reception venue. Hands down. I had multiple guests come up to me and say without hesitation it was the best wedding they'd ever been to. The food was UNBELIEVABLE - I wouldn't expect such delicious food if I had it made-to-order at a NYC restaurant, let alone a wedding buffet! It was just incredible. Amber, my coordinator, was exceptionally organized, had everything running on a great schedule, was always around when I needed her (both while planning and at the reception), and was accommodating to anything and everything we asked of her or the venue (i.e. got us specially-requested beers instead of their usual stock, etc).

Hotel: The Brookwood Inn
We had the Windsor suite for the whole week, plus a block of about 20 guest rooms. The staff was awesome - we had a problem with the AC in one of the rooms, and because the regular guest rooms were all full, offered that guest one of the suites for the same rate. They came up to check on us as we got dressed before the ceremony, asked if we needed anything etc. There's a full continental breakfast included in the rate, and it was close to everything we needed.

Photography: Robin Fox
What a joy to work with! Her pictures are gorgeous (robinfoxphotography.com) and she was so invisible (in a good way!) at the wedding! She was great at blending in and taking pictures, instead of being in the middle of everything or pushing in front of guests to get the good shot. She followed our "must have photo" list we'd sent her, and if there was anything else that night we just asked and she did. SO reasonably priced (about $1600 for all day, all rights to pics on a CD) and worth every penny.

DJ: Turner Music Productions (Steve Turner)
Run, don't walk, to book this guy. Worth every single cent (about $1000 for 5 hrs). We'd seen him at our friend's wedding 3 yrs ago, and we knew we had to have him! He does a purely magical job at getting everyone up to dance - we had no idea how he did it! We played 2 games - one during dinner, interactive with all the guests, and one just me and DH, kinda like the Newlywed Game. Everyone raved about him all night long.

Florist: Chase's Greenhouse, Rush NY
We have used Chase's for all our proms, graduations, etc so we knew them pretty well. I was so overwhelmed about flowers, and they worked with me (through some tears!) and got me what I wanted. I just said "I want this size bouquet in these colors" and it was perfect. They set up everything at the church, pinned the bouttenieres on the boys, and stayed to fluff my train and collect the flowers after the ceremony. Very helpful and professional!

Let me know if you have any other questions! Everything was absolutely flawless. We could not have chosen better vendors!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
White Knot

Re: Rochester Vendor Reviews!

• edited December 2011

The only thing I would say is that I went to a New Years Eve wedding at casa larga...and the food was okay, other than that i loved the place. I am a picky eater, so I have a bit of an opion:-p

Vacation Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    BTW! congrats on your wedding. :)
    Vacation Anniversary
  • spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I'm sorry your CL food wasn't that great- ours, I kid you not, was one of the best meals in my life. What I liked about it was that we got to have ANYTHING we wanted - we hand-picked it all, right down to what vegetables we wanted in the "mixed vegetables!"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • awes14awes14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    excited to hear your reviews on Robin Fox, i have her for my wedding next year!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That's so cute! I love that they were personable with you guys! I am so happy for you!
    Vacation Anniversary
  • dtronoldtronol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I love Robin Fox - she did our engagement pictures earlier in the month!
    {darcie}
    save the date

April 2012 June Siggy Challenge: Then and Now!
  • dtronoldtronol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually I saw your pictures on her Facebook page! They came out beautiful - I love the vineyard shots!
    {darcie}
    save the date

April 2012 June Siggy Challenge: Then and Now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards