Massachusetts

Venues that allow you to hire your own catering company?

Hey everyone. New here, just got engaged Monday. I am looking for a venue (I live in Worcester) within 30 minutes or so which will allow me to hire my own catering company. I would prefer somewhere I can have both the wedding and ceremony. I also would prefer the ceremony outdoors
"Men are like a fine wine. They all start out like grapes, and it's our job to stomp on them and keep them in the dark until they mature into something you'd like to have dinner with."

Re: Venues that allow you to hire your own catering company?

• I believe Brooksby Farm in Peabody allows you to hire your own catering company. Also, my fiance and I looked at Endicott College and they suggest companies but you can ultimately hire whoever you want. Both allow you to have ceremony and reception on site and you have the option for the ceremony to be outdoors. 
  • Mechanics Hall in Worcester. That's where I'm having my wedding :)

You can have the ceremony and reception there and you have to bring in your own caterer. Only problem is it would be indoors not outside.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you wanted to go a little farther out to the Berkshire's, Elm Court is a great option. Its in Lenox and my finace and I had been planning to have our wedding there this coming November and unfortunately, sadly had to cancel. Our cancellation had absolutely nothing to do with the venue however, it was a dream location - stunning veiws, a historic Vanderbilt estate, and the nicest proprieters you could imagine. 
    I am putting out some feelers because, in addition to cancelling our wedding, I felt really bad about leaving them in the lunch and if i can help them book another party, will be able to recieve part of my deposit back. Please do not misunderstand me though, this place is one of a kind, romantic and I would have been so thrilled to get married here. They have a really nice outdoor area for the ceremony, a pretty conservatory for cocktails that overlooks the mountains and a lake, and all your guests could stay onsite. 

We had chosen November 3, 2012 because the foliage will be at its prime, and its before daylight savings time so we'd have a nice sunset.  If you are interested, please get in touch with me and I would be happy to put you in touch with Elm Court. 
    Best, Jenna
  • Oops - forgot the whole reason i responded to your post to begin with!! You can bring your own caterers! :)
  • If you wanted to go a little farther out to the Berkshire's, Elm Court is a great option. Its in Lenox and my finace and I had been planning to have our wedding there this coming November and unfortunately, sadly had to cancel. Our cancellation had absolutely nothing to do with the venue however, it was a dream location - stunning veiws, a historic Vanderbilt estate, and the nicest proprieters you could imagine. 
    I am putting out some feelers because, in addition to cancelling our wedding, I felt really bad about leaving them in the lunch and if i can help them book another party, will be able to recieve part of my deposit back. Please do not misunderstand me though, this place is one of a kind, romantic and I would have been so thrilled to get married here. They have a really nice outdoor area for the ceremony, a pretty conservatory for cocktails that overlooks the mountains and a lake, and all your guests could stay onsite. 

We had chosen November 3, 2012 because the foliage will be at its prime, and its before daylight savings time so we'd have a nice sunset.  If you are interested, please get in touch with me and I would be happy to put you in touch with Elm Court. 
    Best, Jenna
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards