Rhode Island

Chapel By The Sea in 2012

Has anyone had there wedding there lately? I thought it looked so nice in the pictures. I drove by 2 days ago and I was REALLY REALLY disappointed. Everything is smushed together and looks so cluttered and the building and grounds for that matter need a LOT of work.

Plus I heard it is like $600? Is that true?

I was also wondering if anyone knew of any relatively inexpensive places to have the ceremony. We are likely going to do our reception at Chelo's on the water for a sunday afternoon wedding because it is fairly priced and I would like a water location and I just can't afford anything in Newport!!!

If anyone has any tips they are greatly appreciated! TIA :)
06.26.06 :)

Re: Chapel By The Sea in 2012

• I recently went to a wedding here. And the place did need a lot of work. The paint was chipping and it was really kind of in need of a paint job and some TLC.
    I would believe that they probbaly do charge $600 because I am renting south ferry church in narragansett and that is what they charge.

If you are interested in south ferry- the info is here:
    http://southferrychurch.org/history.htm
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Thanks for the recommendation... I will check it out!!
  • Ceremonial Area - $15.00 for 3 hours

From the RIparks.com website under Colt State Park.

I always assumed this meant the Chapel by the Sea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_chapel-by-the-sea-in-2012?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:f698c5eb-1b20-47e9-9ebf-d5cb060af430Post:44ba8c76-c310-4895-b8b9-e0be53553b80">Re: Chapel By The Sea in 2012</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ceremonial Area - $15.00 for 3 hours From the RIparks.com website under Colt State Park. I always assumed this meant the Chapel by the Sea.
    Posted by sparkellyy[/QUOTE]

I did hear about Colt State Park.... I didn't know the price though, I will have to look them up. Another Chapel by the Sea is in Warwick! That's the one I'm talking about.
  • Ohhh.. lol, I was wondering b/c I just went there the other day and it didn't look so bad to me! For the price, it is an amazing set up! Especially with a backdrop of the bay. =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh I am extremely glad to hear you say that. I checked out the site and on Monday I'm going to call and find out how to reserve it for my day. Then I would just have to worry about if it rains.... HMMMM. Thanks so much for the info :) it's greatly appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards