Florida-North Florida

NEW BRIDE, Jacksonville, FL Wedding, Want lots of Natrual Light-Small $$

I JUST GOt ENGAGED!!! Christmas morning, I still can't believe it!

I'm a new bride and have no idea what to do....

It's definitely giong to be a smaller wedding, thinking during the day.  I want either beach (no clue where) or something outdoors.  I love lots of light and it's on a very small budget and guest count. 

Any ideas ladies?? 

Re: NEW BRIDE, Jacksonville, FL Wedding, Want lots of Natrual Light-Small $$

• Congratulations!! I'm from Jacksonville and I'm getting married in St. Augustine. Although I lived in Jax my whole life I don't know much info about venues there (especially not pricing). If you're open to St. Augustine I'm getting married at the Lightner Museum Gardens.
  • THANK YOU!  Yes, Jacksonville or surrounding areas.  Are you having a big wedding?  I love the Lightner..especially during Christmas!  We have a very small budget so....I'm trying to research!

• We are having about 100-110 guests, which is the Lightner's capacity. In the museum there is a wedding planning agency (The Wedding Authority). I went through them and did a package with the ceremony at the Lightner, the reception at the Bayveiw Room (in the A1A Aleworks building), and other things. Since I did the package I don't really know the prices, but I remember thinking that the museum for the ceremony was a really reasonable price. Even if you wouldn't want to do a package you could contact The Wedding Authority to see the pricings. theweddingauthority.com Also, I thought about having the ceremony on the beach in Jax, but never looked into it further. I think having it on the beach would be pretty inexpensive because you just have to rent that space for a short time. Like I said I never looked into it, but I think you could just contact the city (Jax Beach, or St. Augustine) and see how much it would cost and if you have to have any certain permits to have it on the beach.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards