South Asian Weddings

Sari Draping in NJ

I am not sure what the proper term for it would be, but I need help putting on my wedding sari/panetar.

I have no idea how to wear a sari Gujarati style and need all the help I can get. Does anyone know of someone who is reasonably priced that can help me with my sari? I've asked around and I have been quoted several hundred dollars for something they say will take 20 minutes. Perhaps they are giving me the package price for makeup, hair and sari draping, but I really just need the sari draping since I have makeup and hair taken care of already.

Any suggestions for someone in NJ? We are getting married in Morristown NJ if that helps.

Thanks ladies!
ExerciseMilestone

Re: Sari Draping in NJ

• edited December 2011
    Thanks, Bells! I was going to ask my eyebrow lady, but they are based out of Edison, but Parsippany seems like a better idea. Will give these places a call. Thanks again for the help!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • ai104ai104 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you please post the results of your search?  I am also looking for someone who can help me drape my wedding and reception lenghas -- but would like to use my existing hair and makeup artist.  Thank you.
  • ai104ai104 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you please share the results of your search?  I'm having a wedding in NY and looking for someone to help me drape my lenghas.  I am planning on using my existing hair and makeup artist so I just need someone to help me pin my lenghas.  Thank you.
  • Here is some information for a sari/saree draper in NJ/NY area.  She only works with brides who have selected their bridal hair/makeup services, but still need draping services for the day of the event.  She provides bridal draping for the Bride and her Bridal Party including Mom.  Here is her blog:

http://sariwrapartistry.blogspot.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards