Military Brides

I need help

I need help , imma be 16 and my girlfriend is 18 and we are getting lleagly married in June but our aniversary is September and then she goes into the military what is it like ?

Re: I need help

• Talk to her recruiter. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_i-need-help-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:e3fa739c-17f2-454a-b506-92417e1ea737Post:9ab1603e-e349-4832-b708-a5666893d633">Re: I need help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Talk to her recruiter. 
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]
    *snort* <div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Where is that baby Hike?? </div>
  • Geeg- If baby doesn't come by 10-11-12, I'm going to be induced! 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_i-need-help-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:e3fa739c-17f2-454a-b506-92417e1ea737Post:2877ba52-13ef-4cc3-aa57-2bee518eba23">Re:I need help</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's hard.
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

Immature moment here:

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID.

sorry, couldn't help it. />.>
  • In Response to Re:I need help:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:I need help:It's hard.Posted by CAB1217Immature moment here: THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID. sorry, couldn't help it. /gt;.gt; Posted by Zeldakins[/QUOTE]
    I truly love you for that! Lol
  • on a more serious note:
    OP- maybe it was just my experience...but when I asked what I should expect my FI's recruiter simply said that he's gonna leave for training for X-months and then he'll be back. When I just stood there waiting for more, he was like, "did you expect more? This is just like any job, just with different time frames." 

Also, I think the younger you are, the harder it will be.  

• Are you guys lesbians? If you're not MUD, you need to know that despite the repeal of DADT, DOMA still exists, so the military does not, sadly, care if you're legally married in your state if you're same sex. They don't recognize same sex spouses. They really drove that home at MEPS.

So, the military won't pay for you to move, won't give you health care, and won't let her move out of the barracks to live with you. 

Someday soon, that's hopefully the next frontier. But even if it were recognized in the military, you're way, way too young to get married. We tell everyone to wait. And it's because the life is difficult, and it's really good to experience the life not married, for a good amount of time. I waited three years with my husband, and it was such a great decision. Our marriage is super strong for waiting. We REALLY worked out all the kinks. Which sounds dirty, lol.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards