Maine

DIY invitations??

There is no way in hell I'm paying 200 bucks for invitations! We are looking to have 150 invitations.. where do I get the DIY ones.. I've looked at Walmart hoping to save money but they only have white plain looking ones.. what did you guys do? Hope to only spend 125 total (inc.postage)
PS: our wedding colors are midnight blue, light blue, silver and white

Re: DIY invitations??

• edited December 2011
    I've heard Staples has some good ones.  Also the local craft stores AC Moore, Michaels, JoAnns Fabric they usually have wedding sections.  Target has some..  I haven't started looking at prices but 123print.com does them very cheap also.  My SIL just got hers done there and they were cute & her budget was 3000 I think.  So I'd check there too!
  • mlhw NHmlhw NH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

We bought ours at Michaels.  AC Moore also has them.  Micheals has the Brides line. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Just a thought though.. if you are sending out 150 invites and postage is what $.46?  That's $130 just in postage for the invite and return envelope.. Unforutnately there isn't a lot of cheap options I'm finding out..
  • edited December 2011
    I used alaunbydesign.com.
    LOVED THEM!!!  Merissa was amazing to work with, they are willing and able to tweak their shown designs (sizes, colors, fonts, etc.) to give you exactly what you want, and for a very reasonable price, and reasonably quickly.
    Are you sending 150 invites, or have 150 guests? 
    PP is right, postage costs raise the price of getting out invites a ton!
    I've always heard that most home printers aren't equipped to do that kind of volume of printing...  but, Michaels, Wal-Mart, and other craft stores have DIY kits.
  • TheWalkers11TheWalkers11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh i probably should have clarified.. its 150 guests about 100 invites.. I will check out those place thanks girls!
  • aallen54321aallen54321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try cardsandpockets.com i got all my stuff for less the $100
  • edited December 2011
    Also I don't know where you are planing on getting your dress from. But Davids Bridal has invitations as well and if you buy you dress there then you will get I think 10% off.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the tips!  I think what we are going to do is buy a package of nice midnight blue cardstock or whatever they call it and cut it to the size I want. Then go on the computer and print off what I want it to say in Microsoft word and then use scrapbooking glue to put it all together and add any embellishments I want. Then do the same for the reception card. Our wedding is semi casual so I think it will go along well. Plus , it adds a little more personal touch. Its a big DIY project so it will keep me busy!  I'll post on how they came out along with how much I ended up spending.
  • edited December 2011
    I purchased my invitations at Michaels with 50% off coupons, they cost me $50.00 for 90.  I will be having them printed at the University of Maine in Orono.
  • edited December 2011
    If you get too stressed by the stuff on your to-do list, you can always try Etsy.  I was originally going to do my own invites, but found a fantastic gal on Etsy.com that did them of a great price. All I needed to do was stamp, seal, and mail!  I've had nothing but compliments, too!  I paid just over $100 after shipping for 60 full-color invites, RSVP cards, address lables, and envelopes.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/capturedmomentsbyamy

I've also found some pretty peacock hair clips and some little gifts for my girls' gift bags on Etsy. 
    August 28th, HERE I COME!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! I also bought all of my invitations at Michaels and used a 50% off coupon for each box I bought so I only paid like $70 for 120 of them. I would definitely recommend Michaels =)
  • edited December 2011
    I made my own invitations.  i bought card stock, the color i wanted them, designed them on Microsoft word, printed them, embossed a stamp on them to add a little bit of fancy.
    For my rsvp i went to vistaprint.com and occasionally they have 100 free post cards and i designed post cards.  Something cute on the colorful side with our names and date and then on the back the rsvp information, typed our return address right in and the best part...post cards are cheaper on postage!  
    i also got free business cards from vistaprint that said if it rains what to do and added those into my invitations!  
    i love vistaprint!!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks sarviola.. you gave me some great ideas!
  • edited December 2011
    Got mine at AC Moore!! they were the Wilton Print your own invitations, I even got matching DIY programs sooo super easy!
  • ebachelderebachelder member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    100 stamps at 46 cents a pop should work out to 46 dollars.  However, that's only if your invitation isn't over the weight limit (wedding invitations usually are, I'm told... guh).
  • ebachelderebachelder member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oops - was in reply to a much-earlier post but forgot to cite it in my post.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards