Hawaii
Options

Lahaina hairstyles and make-up artist

I am in need a hairstyle & make-up artist closer to the Lahaina area.
Can anyone recommend a great place/person?

Thank you!

Re: Lahaina hairstyles and make-up artist

• Options
    I used Karine Cummings, she definitely services that area.  I was very happy with her.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_lahaina-hairstyles-and-make-up-artist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:5664265b-6b51-407e-9dfc-b06ca859bb52Post:6cee8378-f3bb-44d9-9705-4425b0cbe11e">Lahaina hairstyles and make-up artist</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am in need a hairstyle & make-up artist closer to the Lahaina area. Can anyone recommend a great place/person? Thank you!
    Posted by mzargo[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Jessica Waite did my makeup.  LOVED her!
  • Options
    I also used Karine Cummings for my hair and make-up and her prices were very reasonable and she did a better job than I had invisioned.  She was also very personable. She doesn't charge a travel fee for the Lahaina area. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thank you all!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I had a makeup trial with Karine. But on my wedding day, it's Karine's assistant, Cherie, who did my airbrush makeup and hairs. 

Based on Karine's website, I think she can do hairs really well. But based on my own experience of having a makeup trial with her, I don't think her makeup skills are that great. She charges the same price for trials, but it's totally a waste of money because she just gave me a "temporary look" instead of a finished look. (She herself even said it's a waste of money, too! She told me she didn't understand why I wanted to have a trial because she would forget the look, so she could not do the same makeup twice.) She was definitely a fun person to talk with, but it's definitely not easy to communicate with her about what I wanted. I wish she could have spent more time and energy on my makeup instead of non-stop talking.

Compared to Karine, Cherie was so much easier to work with because she really focused on your look (instead of her own jokes or whatever she wanted to say.) Cherie did a great job on both of my makeup and hairs. I'll definitely recommend Cherie for hairstyle. I'll recommend her for makeup as well if you are not a very picky person.

If I could have had a chance to pick my makeup & hair stylist again, I would try to search tons of pictures online before I made my decision. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards