Getting in Shape
Options

Jenny Craig

I am planning on trying Jenny Craig starting the middle of November.
My mother used it for the recommened 3-4 months and lost over 30 lbs.
I want to lost around 20.
I am very unmotivated and lose steam easy when it comes to working out and eating right and I figure with weekly public weigh ins and the food all prepaird for me it will be a lot easier, I have all the excuses, 3 girls (6 and under) my own business, kids in after school activities, etc etc etc. this way I will have no excuss even I can come up with.
Has anyone else tried it out there other then my mommy?

Re: Jenny Craig

• Options
    A co-worker of mine tried it and was quite successful. Her only complaint was that it was extremely expensive in the beginning. If you can afford it, go for it!
  • Options
    I was on Jenny Criag but had to quit because I couldn't afford it.  It's quite easy since you don't have to think about any food.  You purchase everything.

I would highly recommend that you throw out any other food.  Depending on how long you will be on it, I was starting to get tired of the same foods all the time.

But I did lose quite a bit of weight.  I have continued by purchasing Lean Cuisine and Smart Source frozen meals.

Basically, each mean is under 300 calories and snacks are around 100 calories.  You can eat as many veggies as you want and make sure to drink plenty of water.
  • Options
    I think it's better in the long run to just change your eating habits. I don't understand how the pre-prepared mean plans (jenny craig, nutrisystem, etc..) could ever work. When you go back to regular food you don't know how to make anything healthy. I think after you stop buying your meals from them, you'd probably gain all the weight back. Which isn't what any of us want...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have a coworker that was very successful while on Jenny Craig.  She quit and gained everything back plus more.  I'm far from an expert, but I have experience in yo-yo dieting and what I've learned is you have to find something that you can incorporate into your daily life, forever.
    We ran off to Vegas and got married!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards