Colorado-Denver

Hair and Makeup Artist?

Hey everyone!

I am looking for a deal on a hair and makeup artist. Does anyone know of somebody just starting out in the business or someone that is just naturally good at doing hair and makeup that would be intrested in making some money?

Let me know
emm_886@yahoo.com

Re: Hair and Makeup Artist?

• edited December 2011
    I am also looking!

Have you contacted any Beauty Schools to see if they can do it? I think i am gonnna call the onese by my house and see what they charge.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Have you tried asking at the MAC counters?  I know they have some training.  There are two Aveda salons that have students.  The one on the 16th street mall has students who are working towards getting licensed.  The one on Market street has stylists who are already licensed and are learning more about Aveda. (I think)  I had my hair done at the market street one for a wedding and I think it was about $25.00.
    GL!!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!! That is such a great idea! I wouldnt of ever of thought of that thanks ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    Rachael with Girls and Curls did both my wedding and by BFF's wedding and WOW!  She is totally worth looking into.  Your wedding isn't a day to hire a beauty school student...you have invested a good deal of money into your photos and your dress...you definately want your hair and makeup to look fab, your photos will be around FOREVER!  I'm so glad that I hired a pro to take care of me and my girls on my wedding day!
    Her site is www.girlsandcurls.com
  • edited December 2011
    Well my date is a year and a half out so i am watching for the dress i want to go on sale....
    We got an Amazing deal on a photographer

I understand what your saying but we're on a budget wedding and have 5 bridesmaids lol i can not afford a pro to do all our hair and makeup itd be ridiculous!

I had my hair cut and styled by one of the girls at the aveda school at the 16th street mall and she was fabulous! I was very happy with my hair.
    We're only getting it styled and most of us are pretty laid back i dont see anything incredibly hard or fancy...
    I think checking out the Aveda institute is a great ideaLaughing
  • spongejenspongejen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm using my normal hair stylist from the 16th st mall aveda salon because she is fabulous and i love her (betsy, if you're interested).

for make up, check out knottie/nestie layla1704.  she is fabulous and just starting out, and is doing mine for a veryyyy reasonable price.  her email is beautybybernadette@gmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    www.eastvalleycolor.com

Mobile, freelance wedding hairstylist.  Cathy Cleary, Vail, Colorado.
    Discounts offered for wedding parties of 4 or more.
    No extra charge for travel anywhere in Summit and Eagle counties!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards