Wedding Etiquette Forum

FFF

Re: FFF

• CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment

I flame that crazy (American) chick who described Canadians as foreigners from a vastly different culture, and then went on to tell us that we were all marrying our first cousins in backwoods trailer park weddings...  or something.  Oh, and that if Sarah Palin is ever elected to federal office, it's all our fault.  That last part cut deep.

• TJ - congrats to Buddy!
    About the TV - we also have an enormous TV in our living room for FI. I keep trying to think of creative ways to cover it. My latest idea is a curtain coming down from the ceiling. If you think of anything better, please let me know.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-37?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:074b7128-7940-4bea-b3dc-5ba90fb4fdeePost:cec65f66-a85f-4201-bf5a-b97d989c046e">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame that crazy (American) chick who described Canadians as foreigners from a vastly different culture, and then went on to tell us that we were all marrying our first cousins in backwoods trailer park weddings...  or something.  Oh, and that if Sarah Palin is ever elected to federal office, it's all our fault.  That last part cut deep.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]
    When and where did this go down?
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-37?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:074b7128-7940-4bea-b3dc-5ba90fb4fdeePost:ad86471b-a3ac-496c-a4f6-ba03085180fb">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks so much, everyone. I'm seriously like... busting open with pride. kate#s - He got punched by the commander yesterday, I think I get to hit him when he puts his stripes on in a few months. Hooray sanctioned punching!
    Posted by temerityjane[/QUOTE]

Nice! 

PS: When I was home on vacation I saw my aunt, and her Newfoundland has grown to 170 pounds. 

And also thank you, jasmineh. :)
  • Yay for Buddy!! :)

And I kind of like Kate's dancing banana, but the butt and the toe tapping guy are annoying.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-37?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:074b7128-7940-4bea-b3dc-5ba90fb4fdeePost:cec65f66-a85f-4201-bf5a-b97d989c046e">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame that crazy (American) chick who described Canadians as foreigners from a vastly different culture, and then went on to tell us that we were all marrying our first cousins in backwoods trailer park weddings...  or something.  Oh, and that if Sarah Palin is ever elected to federal office, it's all our fault.  That last part cut deep.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

... I totally missed that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-37?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:074b7128-7940-4bea-b3dc-5ba90fb4fdeePost:ad86471b-a3ac-496c-a4f6-ba03085180fb">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks so much, everyone. I'm seriously like... busting open with pride. kate#s - He got punched by the commander yesterday, I think I get to hit him when he puts his stripes on in a few months. Hooray sanctioned punching!
    Posted by temerityjane[/QUOTE]

<div>i'm going to send congrats his way, but i have to admit my ignorance as to what this promotion is and why it is quite so difficult. </div>
  • Congratulations, Buddy!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-37?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:074b7128-7940-4bea-b3dc-5ba90fb4fdeePost:d8e3a17c-b91c-4994-82a6-b373c62c67cb">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]TJ, that's awesome for you guys!  I used to work with a lot of AF and remember one of my friends was so stressed for that test.  Pass along a highfive/butt smack/salute/whatever you see fit for me.     
    Posted by kate51485[/QUOTE]

I vote butt smack from Kate#s. She seems in that kind of mood today.

Contemporary congratluations dance from me, though. Thanks. Yay, Buddy!
    Crosswalk
  • CellesCelles member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-37?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:074b7128-7940-4bea-b3dc-5ba90fb4fdeePost:319c87ea-4b5d-437b-9a0c-610d0ede58fa">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : When and where did this go down?
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

It was posted the night before last, IIRC, but I can't find it now.  It may have been deleted.  If so, too bad.  Her diatribe was hilarious.

Did you know Mexico is a country and not a Sandals resort?  See -- it was informative, too! 
  • I totally flame TJ for making FFF all about her. ;)

Just kidding.Laughing
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Dowhatnow? Ahahahaha.

And how can that cut deep? I'd have openly laughed in her face. Ignorant twerp.
  • Sorry to lame up FFF, y'all.

psichick - It's the second most difficult promotion for enlisted AF members. The only rank with less people promoted is SMSgt, because the percentages promoted for that rank are federally capped. Out of the 1000 people in Buddy's career field that tested - Air Force wide - only 200 made it. For most enlisted AF members, it is the most difficult promotion they will face.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • CellesCelles member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-37?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:074b7128-7940-4bea-b3dc-5ba90fb4fdeePost:9aec228c-c7a3-4259-abdc-fbcfca19b423">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Dowhatnow? Ahahahaha. And how can that cut deep? I'd have openly laughed in her face. Ignorant twerp.
    Posted by alixzafiris[/QUOTE]

Arial is my sarcastic font.  ;)
  • Kate#s--I loooove Newfoundlands!  My cousin just added a Great Pyrenees (sp?) to her pet family. I think we are going to see him in 2 weeks. He's a 10 week old ball of white fur and huge paws. I think they *might* be cousins to Newfies?  So he'll be big. Give aunt's Newfie a big hug for me next time you see him/her.
    Crosswalk
  • TJ-Please tell Buddy congratulations and Thank you!
    1st pic of us together. Apparently I thought something was funny.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~Holly and Jeff~
    image 232 Made the cut! image 96 Ready to party!
    image 44 Have better things to do!
    image 92 Are going to cause me to have a stroke!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-37?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:074b7128-7940-4bea-b3dc-5ba90fb4fdeePost:d9a79d04-094c-4622-8831-ca0101ca7693">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I totally flame TJ for making FFF all about her. ;) Just kidding.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

It woudln't be the first time, unfortunately.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • I always have a buttsmack for you, Pirata...rawr ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-37?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:074b7128-7940-4bea-b3dc-5ba90fb4fdeePost:bbf4f0e9-e0da-4658-a486-b84efba17647">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Arial is my sarcastic font.  ;)
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Good to know ;)
  • I'm late to this, but I also flame crazy Brazilian "football/futbol" girl. In large part for not having either the balls to admit she was wrong or the crazy to insist she was right after being called out.

And congrats to Buddy! We are all doing FFF so wrong this week. I mini-flame TJ for that, but my congrat cancels it out :)
  • salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    Wow! I'm totally doing it wrong, too, but CONGRATS to Buddy! That's huge!

And yeah KentuckyKate's counter sucks. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I thought the banana part was cute at first, but it's gotten boring.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]
    Oh, she was the one who's having two receptions, right, because she thought no one would travel *all the way to the US from Canada* for the wedding and is now surprised to find that her Canadian family wants to, you know, attend the actual wedding and she'll be overbooked if she invites them?

I've never participated in FFF before, but I'll jump on this one.  And the chick who told her BP not to worry about a shower and is now upset that they aren't planning one for her and wants to offer them the money to throw it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1. I want a Newfoundland (a dog, not a Canadian)

2. That's awesome TJ! I don't want to see what kind of interpretive dance you'd do for me though! Oh, and we got a 46 inch flat screen 1.5 years ago and it is WAY more awesome than our 27 inch tube TV. But FI always wants to leave the living room light on when we leave the house and I'm like, "Sure. It says, "welcome, we're not home, but our TV is." His excuse is that he wants to be able to see if the cats are by the door when we walk in. *sigh*

3. I agree with the Ten flame. IMO, it's NOT a gap. After the cermony, people walk over and are being hosted with food, drink and a place to put their butts. It's just marginally too long for her tastes. But what are you going to do? Serve dinner at 4:30?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-37?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:074b7128-7940-4bea-b3dc-5ba90fb4fdeePost:be9d8207-0f1a-430f-9214-8fc4bb54db62">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Oh, she was the one who's having two receptions, right, because she thought no one would travel *all the way to the US from Canada* for the wedding and is now surprised to find that her Canadian family wants to, you know, attend the actual wedding and she'll be overbooked if she invites them?
    Posted by Sing2phins[/QUOTE]

Yes, and it was a whole 2 hour plane ride away and a completely different culture.
    Married 10/2/10
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-37?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:074b7128-7940-4bea-b3dc-5ba90fb4fdeePost:ec6a5703-766b-47f9-9bab-d6f3766dc399">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay for Buddy!! :) And I kind of like Kate's dancing banana, but the butt and the toe tapping guy are annoying.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

I agree with both of these statements.  And I have no flames.  :(  I guess that's a good thing though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No flames but congrats to Buddy!  Don't let his family get you guys down.  Think of all the people who are so proud of him!
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-37?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:074b7128-7940-4bea-b3dc-5ba90fb4fdeePost:be9d8207-0f1a-430f-9214-8fc4bb54db62">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Oh, she was the one who's having two receptions, right, because she thought no one would travel *all the way to the US from Canada* for the wedding and is now surprised to find that her Canadian family wants to, you know, attend the actual wedding and she'll be overbooked if she invites them?
    Posted by Sing2phins[/QUOTE]

How did I miss this? As someone whose American family doesn't want to come *all the way to Canada,* I really could have ripped her a new one for being an ungrateful brat.

Sheesh. And I thought I was really on top of things this week.

Oh, and I had a flame (my first ever), and then I forgot it.

I flame "best 'man' quit" girl for the following:

- Poor subject/verb agreement in the title of her post.
    - A parenthetical affirmation with no preceeding statement to be affirmed.
    - Being a bad defender of her pot-luck reception by repeatedly changing the definition of how she's using "pot-luck"
    - Having what is essentially a tiered reception. I know we've had questions along the lines of "the church ladies just like to show up for weddings; do I offer them snacks?" before, but saying, "if you want to come, bring food" is so... tacky.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oooh, I knew there was a previously mentioned flame that I had forgotten...tenofcups bothers me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards