North Carolina

Blush wedding shoes

Oh how I hate thee... I have had the hardest time finding blush wedding shoes. My colors are navy and blush pink and I cannot find any cute blush pink heels that are wedding appropriate. Also, my FI is not a very tall man (he's 5'7'') and im 5'6'' so there is not much room for 3.5 to 4 inch high heels. I don't want to wear flats but if I don't find some cute shoes that are no higher than 3 inches im screwed. Does anyone have any recommendations for shoe websites? Im almost ready to give up on it and wear my navy and pink converse.

Photobucket

Re: Blush wedding shoes

• edited December 2011
    I think your heel hight is going to be the thing that limits your selection.  I went to endless.com and did a quick search of their bridal shoes and there are lots of blush/pink shoes, but not many with a small heel.  Maybe also look at their dyeables if you don't find what you want in the pink?

Navy was one of my colors too, and I got navy shoes and they were my something blue.  Just something to think about if you really can't find the blush ones.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_blush-wedding-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:c8a0ec60-1509-454d-b033-65501596ebb6Post:d2f4455c-a6dd-426b-bc09-ef645db206fe">Re: Blush wedding shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think your heel hight is going to be the thing that limits your selection.  I went to endless.com and did a quick search of their bridal shoes and there are lots of blush/pink shoes, but not many with a small heel.  Maybe also look at their dyeables if you don't find what you want in the pink? Navy was one of my colors too, and I got navy shoes and they were my something blue.  Just something to think about if you really can't find the blush ones.
    Posted by careyblackmar[/QUOTE]

Great suggestion! I should def. see if I can find some cute dyeable shoes. I never even thought about that. My heel height is limited but I will not compromise on cute shoes.
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    I saw TONS of pale pink shoes while I was on my search for hot pink ones!
    I ended up buying from endless.com, but also shopped dsw.com, piperlime.com and zappos.com
  • tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen a lot of Badgley mischka's in that color, but the heels may be too high. I'd also check out Bluefly. And, i think blue is a great idea, too. I've seen a lot of weddings with beautiful blue shoes. Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh, Janece...I think we're long lost sisters.

I found the perfect blush shoes at BHLDN, but they're 4"!!!! I even went to the lengths of asking them if they could make them in a smaller heel height. I'm 5'8" and FI is 5'10" and even with the heel height that he'll get from his own shoes, I still would like him to be a tad taller than me. 

I've been looking on glassslipper.com and they have really cute shoes and a light pink color. I've actually had them send me a sample, and I'll let you know how it looks after I get it. If that doesn't work, you can also order from there since they're dyeable. I'm sure there's somewhere in Raleigh/Chapel Hill that does a good wedding shoe dye.
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Nina's design your own shoe thing? They have a couple different designs that you get to pick the height of the heel and colors.

For example, maybe this one in the tea rose or baby pink?
  • edited December 2011
    Haha Kelsey! We must be! I just want to be shorter than my FI on our wedding day! I've found some badgley and mischka shoes but they are too high. I have bought three pairs of nina shoes and for some reason they never look good on me. Kelsey- let me know how your sample turns out. That might be my next option.
    Photobucket

• jennieweaver1jennieweaver1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Janece we are on the same page! I am having such a hard time finding shoes! My FI is already shorter than me, so I definitely have to have flats. I am pretty picky, but for some reason it has been so hard to find flat, peep-toe ivory shoes with some sort of cute detail on them. Ugh! Good luck! If you find some post pictures for us! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 135 Invited
    image 105 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 need to check their mailboxes!
    RSVP Date: Sept 08
    http://jennieweaver.blogspot.com/
  • tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vera Wang Lavender makes some pretty blush colored shoes, also.  Flats, too.  Kind of pricey, though.  My MOH wore these flats in black at my wedding and said they were very comfortable.  Very pretty, too.  It's the Vera Wang "Leona"

http://www.footnotesonline.com/Vera-Wang-Lavender-Sale/Vera-Wang-Lavender---Leona---Latte-Satin-Ballet-Flat/VeraWangLavender-Leona-Latte/500-5680/Product?ad_id=shopstyle
  • kararenee12kararenee12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check www.myglassslipper.com. They have a huge variety of colors the shoes can be dyed!  I ordered shoes and had them custom dyed robin's egg blue, but left the bow ivory.  Their customer service was great!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_blush-wedding-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:c8a0ec60-1509-454d-b033-65501596ebb6Post:cdb34499-4d67-4f0c-8aca-618c62e6e508">Re: Blush wedding shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check <a href="http://www.myglassslipper.com" rel='nofollow'>www.myglassslipper.com</a>. They have a huge variety of colors the shoes can be dyed!  I ordered shoes and had them custom dyed robin's egg blue, but left the bow ivory.  Their customer service was great!!
    Posted by kararenee12[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this recommendation!!!
    Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards