October 2013 Weddings

Wedding Website

Do any of you have one or plan to start one?  If so, what info do you make public?  Is there a site you recommend?

Is the purpose to inform family/guests of on-goings and other info or more of a personal account of the planning process?   

I am thinking of starting one to keep family in the loop on the process since all of my family (inc. my sister/MOH/only attendant) live in other parts of the country.  
S'mores. Just S'mores please.

Re: Wedding Website

• We made one through here, the Knot, and then I purchased a domain name that was easier to remember of our names, and then redirected it to the knot free site.

On it, I put pictures of us, information about us and how we met, information about our church, reception venue and hotel. We don't think we will have any out of town guests, so the hotel is listed, but it is not a "room block," but the hotel is next to our reception venue.

I also included the guest book function and link to registries. I also included a page for the bridal party with pictures, and the url for the site is on our save the date cards.

I'm not sure how many people are even looking at it, so make it if you think it is something you'd like to do, but it isn't necessary.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• We're having a lot of people from out of town so I definitely needed a wedding site for accomodations info.  We're also using it to host information about the bridal party, registry, day of schedule and an online RSVP. 

I'm using Wix.com which offers free sites and we bought our own domain name.  We both have jobs in the digital world (web development and advertising) so I wanted something that didn't look to cookie cutter. 

Definitely doesn't hurt to have and it's fun to make! 
  • Nearlyweds.com if you go through weddingpaperdivas.com it's free. I love mine because its clean and pretty to my style of pretty. I put all of the juicy information that is nice or the guests to know like attire suggestions, a rough idea of the weekend schedule wedding weekend, clarification about RSVP food options, accommodations and prices. Basically information that needs to be confirmable if passed by word of mouth won't be written explicitly on the invitation like where we are registered, we are not doing an invitation insert for that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers Check out My Blog
  • we are doing one.  my brother is actually working on it. he had bought the domain name for his wedding my other brother used it and now us.  Its a work in progress...but how we met proposal stuff for the wedding ect
  • I did mine at weebly.com.. schwartzheindlwedding.weebly.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards