Catholic Weddings
Options

Down a priest, round two.

Ugh I am soooo frustrated and upset right now.  AND FI is not answering his phone so I don't know what to do.
He has always dreamed about getting married in his home church by his home priest.  We booked it like 13 months in advance just to be safe because of it and literally based our wedding date around it.  June 23 it is.

Just got an email from the head secretary guy at the church.  Turns out every year they do a big ordination thing the last weekend of June, so they banked on it being on the 30th... nope.  It's the 23rd.  So we have three options:

Switch to the 22nd
Switch to the 30th
FInd a different priest (But same church)

I still have to make some calls to see if our photographer and reception hall are still available on those other days.  Ugh.  I'm so frustrated right now.

Re: Down a priest, round two.

• Options
    caitriona87caitriona87 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh. I'm sorry. That really stinks. On the plus side, you still have a lot of time before your wedding...hopefully everything you've picked will still be available.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow--that seems a little crazy. I know you are at the mercy of the diocese, but it seems like once you book, you should be able to keep your date. Any chance you can have your wedding at a time of day that wont conflict with the ordination?

I'd mention that you are going to lose money on this and see if the church can work something out.
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • Options
    chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We decided to keep the same date and just find another priest.  It'll be much easier that way.  We really like a priest in the town we live in (1 1/2 hrs from where we're getting married), we just don't like the church he preaches in, if that makes sense.  He is the new priest as of about a year and the priest before him was quite liberal, as was the church (no kneelers, tabernackle in a prayer room instead of sanctuary, projection screens).  He is looking to get all that fixed.  Anywho, we are going to see if he'd be willing to come do our wedding.  I'll hopefully meet with him this week!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh okay, so it was the priest, not the actual building that was the problem. Got it!
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards