South Carolina

Edisto Island, SC

I am looking to plan small beach wedding in Edisto Island, South Carolina this coming winter (November 2009-January 2010). Has anyone else gotten married on the beach in Edisto Island? Is it too cold there to plan a beach wedding? I am looking for ideas and recommendations...any help would be much appreciated!!!

Re: Edisto Island, SC

• nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may want to check on the Charleston board-- some beaches down there won't let you get married on the beach.  I'm not sure if Edisto is one or not, but I know Folly Beach allows it.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know what the rules are, but I would say have a back up.  It can be cold and pretty windy that time of year.  It's kind of a crap shoot in the winter down here.  It can be 35 degrees one day and 60 the next. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MellandNateMellandNate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The winter's are usually  mild here, but it is hit or miss with the temperature. Some days we wear shorts and then others are sweaters.
  • trfrsitrfrsi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want beautiful, flawless airbrush makeup and fantastic hair for your wedding in SC NC or GA let me know! www.beautymasterybydesign.com ~Tracy
  • BillieDuBoisBillieDuBois member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also considering Edisto.  Edisto is completely open to beach weddings, no restrictions!  They have houses that are beach front with beautiful green grass yards as well, so you have the best of both worlds, beautiful ocean front and a yard for tents and tables.  The beach is more shelly than other beaches in SC, so just don't do barefoot in the sand!  Folly is another option that is great for a wedding on the beach without restrictions, and a Holiday Inn on the beach for guests, however Folly is much more crowded and "touristy" than Edisto.  As far as the weather it is a hit or miss, you can wake up to 40 degrees at 7 a.m., and by noon it is 70 degrees!  Whatever you decide will be wonderful!
  • KiawahLoveKiawahLove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married on Edisto in June 2010. We rented a beach front house and so did my future in-laws, we will have to houses right next to each other and we will  be getting married on the beach behind the houses. The only restrictions are noise and lights because of the turtles. But there is aform that you can get and fill out and extend your event for an hour after the lights out time. As for the weather in right now, I don't really know. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    For a wonderful wedding venue on Edisto Island, check out Brookland Pointe. www.brooklandpointe.com or www.edistoweddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards