Illinois

Attention all Chicago Area Brides looking to buy (for a fraction of the $) or sell a brand new desig

Today I found an amazing bridal shop with unbelievable customer service and got an even more unbeleiveable deal. It is called the Naperville Bridal Boutique in Naprville Illinois. Google it for the website and info. It started as my desperate attempt (after monthes of posting in on here and other online places) to sell my brand new unworn wedding gown from a previous engagement so i could start to shop for a new one. I knew if I could find a place to consign it I would have a better chance of selling it. So I googled last weekend adn found this place. I contacted Bonnie the owner and she made an appointment with me right away to see my dress to decide ona price to put on it and sign the contract. This morning my mom and I made the hour and a half drive to her shop. Bonne was ready and waiting to help us.  As we were talking to her and I mentioned that I am engaged again she asked if I already had a new dress and I said no. So she said I could still just consign my dress and see what happens or if I found a dress in her shop she would just give me the money for my dress right away towards the new one. So we said ok what the heck we will take a look. She sells samples she gets from other shops and unworn unaltered consignments for private sellers so she has high end designers for a fraction of the cost. She had a ton in my size (im a 10-12 which is sample size so that did help but she had many other sizes as well) most were ivory which I was nto interested in but she did have some white. I ended up finding the dress of my dreams. It was a Winnie Couture as designer I had not even looked at because it was way out of my price range retail. She had the dress for $550. She gave me $275 for mine (which I got on clearance originally for  $400) so I got my dream dress for $297 out the door. Did I mention when I looked up this designer the collection starts at $1800 retail. I could not believe it. She is open by appointment so she can give you her undivided attention. If she does not have a gown you like she will try to find it for you. She custom orders veils and headpieces. The customer service was absolutely amazing, I got my dream dress, and I got rid of the old one which has had me stressed out for monthes. I HIGHLY reccommend googling her shop and giving it a try. Also if you are looking to consign your dress as long as it is unworn and unaltered and in excellent condition she will most likely take it. If it sells you get 50% of the profit. I hope you can have as much luck as I did :)

Re: Attention all Chicago Area Brides looking to buy (for a fraction of the $) or sell a brand new desig

• edited December 2011
    Thank you for the great tip. I'll call and make an appointment first thing. Do you know of any other stores that have plus size dresses? I wear a size 20. Thanks! Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards