Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Make Up/Solution for shiny face

For some reason my face has been getting really shiny throughout the day (I have to blot it with a napkin to get rid of the oil), and I was wondering if any of you knew of a good product that helps with this!  I don't know if there is a face wash, a make up, primer, etc, but I would love to find something before my wedding in June.  TIA~

Re: Make Up/Solution for shiny face

• I also have really shiny skin.  I tend to wash my face with Dove soap and use a shine control toner with a oil free moisturizer.  I love Sephora shine control primer along with Chanel Double Perfection Powder foundation.  I touch up with Clean & Clear oil absorbing sheets. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mineral veil make ups have tended to prevent oil on my forehead. Try Bare Minerals. Also, I use Clean and Clear oil absorbing sheets for touch ups. If you blot (and dont rub!) they wont mess up your make up
    Photobucket
  • Bare Minerals has come out with a Matte formula that is supposed to be better for people with shiny skin.

HOWEVER, you don't want to use any mineral makeup for your wedding day. the minerals will reflect the flash from your photographer's camera, making you look washed out and pale and sick. same for makeup with spf in it.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • You will find your answer with MAC BLOT POWDER! It's perfect and does not have reflective pigments in it like mineral makeup. It's perfect for film, TV and Photos! It's your perfect answer~
     ; D

• airbrush makeup is best for the wedding day, with of course touching up with power later. I am extremely oily skin also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Clinique makes a product called Sheer Matness for shine control.  You put it on before you put make-up on.  It works really well. 
    Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Photo finish primer from Smashbox is a really great product to use underneath your foundation so it stays put.

During the day try alternating blot your face with tissues and using poweder-that way you wont end up with a cakey look.

• Primer is good for prolonging the wear of your foundation. If you have acne prone or sensitive skin, be careful with Smashbox primer. While it did work pretty well for oil control for me, it clogged my pores like crazy and made me break out within days. I later found it this is very common. I hate most primers because they feel waxy on the skin (Smashbox included) but have had good luck with Make Up For Ever primer. I have a review for the MUFE primer in my blog (link in sig). 

Also, I have tried countless foundations looking for something that helps keep my oily skin matte. I was in love with Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet+ foundation until I discovered Revlon Colorstay. I am so surprised a $10 foundation is this amazing, especially after I was devoted to a $35 foundation. Revlon Colorstay has a huge following in the beauty blogger world, which is where I first heard of it. It's seriously wonderful! I have a review for both the Revlon and MUFE in my blog, too along with my application method that I've figured out for the longest wearing matte look.  

A setting powder will help finish your look. A PP mentioned mineral veil by bare minerals, which is pretty popular. I use MUFE Duo Mat pressed powder to set my Revlon Colorstay. I buff it on with a kabuki brush. Again, review in blog. I plan to switch to the matte pressed powder from Clinique when my MUFE runs out because it's cheaper and does the same thing for me. 

I know that was long but hope it was somewhat helpful! This current routine works really well for me. I only touch up once a day, just powdering my nose and forehead. I have really oily skin so I know how much of a struggle it can be! 
  • I also have trouble with oil breakthrough in the middle of the day. I used to use Bare Mineral's matt foundation which does better than the original formula. But recently I discovered BeautiControl's Wet/Dry foundation for oily & combination skin. It keeps my skin matt without retouching for 8 hours on a hot summer day! I am just loving it.
  • I have shiny skin too! For my wedding day I used Tarte Clean Slate primer from Sephora, followed by Make Up Forever in Matte and then after all my make-up was finished I set it with Model in a Bottle Finishing Spray.  I brought the Clean and Clear oil blotting strips with me but I didn't need them!

Ditto pps - I love Bare Minerals Matte foundation butfor your wedding day you will want something that is spf-free.  The spf will reflect the flash from the photog's camera and make you look washed out.Your face may look noticably lighter than the rest of your body (and that's not a good look for anyone). 

I would also get your skin into a routine with your facewash, toner, and an oil free moisterizer.  I like Clinique a lot and the products last for a long time so the expense is worth it in my opinion. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards