Attire & Accessories Forum

Jewelry Question

I wasn't sure if it would look funny to wear a mixture of diamond and pearl jewelry.  If I wear a pearl necklace should the rest of my jewelry be pearl as well?

Re: Jewelry Question

• I'm doing just pearls but I think both could also be pretty if you have the same design on necklace, bracelet and earrings.  I would vote for a little continuity.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would definitely stick to one or the other.
  • I think it depends on how you do it. Huge pieces of both types? No. But I had crystal earrings, a topaz bracelet and a simple pearl pendant. The pendant was small, so it didn't look odd next to all that sparkle. My dress had a lot of stones along the neckline, so I didn't want another sparkly necklace next to it.
  • I think you can mix if you have a piece that incorporates both.  Otherwise I'd just stick to one or the other.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_jewelry-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:b2caa328-7c59-428c-b539-700e310e97c4Post:5a9c6894-d4e2-4ff3-b79a-bf5cfb0af1c6">Re: Jewelry Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you can mix if you have a piece that incorporates both.  Otherwise I'd just stick to one or the other.
    Posted by lalap69[/QUOTE]

agreed.
  • I think you can do both as long as they are too different styles.  If you are sticking to simple drop pearl earrings, I would do a simple necklace.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards