Canada-Ontario

mother and mother in law attire help

our wedding is casual yet classy, i will be in a cream slinky dress with a criscross back (AMAZING) my girls are in brown dresses with baby pink accents, the guys in light brown suits, groom in a white suit, i will have pink roses with white accents, the girls white flowers pink accents
our theme is cherry blossoms so everything is pink brown and cream.
what colour should my mother and my mother in law wear?

Re: mother and mother in law attire help

• rktorkto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mothers and mother-in-laws should wear any colour they want that they like as long as it isnt white.
    they dont need to co-ordinate with you, the BM or each other.  They may not want to wear the same colour.
  • edited December 2011
    They should wear whatever colour and dress that looks good on them. Your family shouldn't be made to fit in with your colour scheme - they're not accessories in your wedding.

FWIW, my bridesmaids wore brown. My mom wore gunmetal grey, MIL wore light blue, and my stepmom wore champagne.
  • edited December 2011
    After asking around what I've gathered is that the Mother of the Bride and Mother of the Groom get to stand out from the rest of the bridal party (guess in a way it is their day too!). So yep they can wear any color they like (and you like!).
    My colors are navy and pink and my mom is wearing an awesome(I'm actually in love with what we found for my mom!) tea length dress+jacket combo in a champagne color that goes perfectly with our colors but still stands out a bit. We're doing a morning ceremony and afternoon brunch so we didn't want her in a long blinged out ballgown or anything too frou frou-ey:)
    Now we have to work on finding something for the mother of the groom...that one's going to be tricky! :)
    Good luck on your hunt!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards