Michigan-Grand Rapids

First Dance Song

FI picked Syrup and Honey our first dance, which was fine. And I guess I can still live with it, but my mom and I watched the movie 9 months and it had "These are the Days" by Van Morrison at the end. I LOVE Van Morrison and I can't believe I've never heard it. This is the perfect first dance song! I don't know if he'll change his mind, but it'll at least be on the play list. 

Re: First Dance Song

• akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely talk with your FI about it - you never know! H had a song he was in love with (Jeff Healy Band's Angel Eyes), and I had a song I really wanted to use (Beyond The Sea, sung by Kevin Spacey).

We ended up using Angel Eyes for the first dance, but Beyond The Sea for the Grand Entrance in to the reception. It was perfect because the DJ was playing jazz music for cocktails/dinner anyway- it fit right in. And we both got our songs. :)
  • Lorielle22Lorielle22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's another very pretty song that goes back several years, called "Can I Have This Dance" (for the rest of my life...), by Anne Murray.  I'm sure you could find it easily on Youtube if your interested in hearing it. 
    Mother-of-the-Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards