Retro and Vintage Weddings

non matching bridesmaids

Hi, I am looking for bridesmaid dresses and I'd really like to go with the non-matching trend..

Is it ok to mix fabrics for my bridesmaids? I wanted to go with dusty pinks and beiges. What do you think? I'm going for something like this: 
http://greenweddingshoes.com/non-matching-bridesmaids-dresses/ (the bottom right picture with the beige and white dresses
I bought a dress that is linen and one that is chiffon, the colors go well but I'm not sure if I can mix the fabrics. What do you think?

Re: non matching bridesmaids

• I think non-matching is great! I really love the photo you posted with different fabrics/dress styles.

I think the most important thing is if you are happy with it then I say go for it!
  • I love non-matching Bm dresses, mostly because I Hate matching ones!  I didn't want a group of clones following me around on my wedding day, and honestly my girls all have different body types and personalities so I wanted them to be able to feel comfortable.  I did have them all pick from the same designer with the same fabric because I'm a little OCD......but they all found somethinng they loved so it worked out!
  • its an awsome idea. mix fabrics and different shade of your color would be an awsome wedding to attend! good luck
  • Looks really nice! I'd say go for it!
    Photobucket
  • i love this idea!  i'm doing the same thing.  here is my inspiration (also from Green Wedding Shoes!)

• oh my goodness! I loved the dresses so much I showed a bridesmaid and she wants to do smething similar to this so bad now. I'm going to ask the other BMs to see what they think, but I absolutely love the idea!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • There needs to be a common thread to make the non matching trend work.  We used updos, long dresses and matching bouquets to make our work.  My bridesmaids ranged in size from 6 to 26.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards