Colorado-Denver

Outdoor Weddings and Receptions- risk?

I am really new to wedding planning.   I am looking at different venues and love all of the outdoor settings Colorado has to offer.  I am looking primarily in Denver, and love the idea of the Botanical Gardens or the Denver Museum of Nature & Science.  At both venues, the outdoor settings appeal to me most- for the ceremony and the reception.  I am really nervous though about a rain plan!  We have not set a date, but I am thinking late summer because I am a teacher and that just makes the most sense to me.  So, perhaps early August.  Do you think I should worry about rain?  I know sometimes in CO we get those summer thunderstorms.  Help!  I am new to this....

Re: Outdoor Weddings and Receptions- risk?

• edited December 2011
    I may be mistaken in this, but I heard that certain sites at both of those venues do not have rain plans, so you may want to clarify that when you call or go for a visit.  For any outdoor ceremony or reception, make sure there is an acceptable indoor option available to you or be prepared to rent a tent on reserve.
    68 Looking Forward to Mtn Airimage
    31 Afraid of Altitude Sicknessimage
    4 Being Hunted By My Bounty Hunter Bridesmaid image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2010 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Location imageimage{Bio} (updated 3/2)
  • edited December 2011
    I agree, make sure you have a rain plan.  You can never tell, especially that close to the mountains and that late in the summer.
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • edited December 2011
    Rain is always a risk and I agree with everyone else - make sure there is an alternative. I'm getting married at Hudson Gardens and they do have an rain plan. We are getting married in the Rose garden, reception in the garden canopy, and if it rains, all of it gets moved into the garden canopy.
  • edited December 2011
    I also looked at both of those places, and they do offer tents you can sit under. Rainstorms are always a concern. My wedding is outside, and I"m a little worried about it to. However I went to a wedding last summer in Divide in an aspen grove, and it rained through the whole ceremony. It was in late July and still pretty warm. I have to say, we actually had a lot of fun dancing in the rain! Tents are a good idea though!
  • jayvillajayvilla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i have a venue in morrison that you can do an awesome outdoor wedding with inside reception if that would work for you......    jay.villa@lifestylescatering.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards