Students
Options

Professional societies?

Is anyone a member of any professional societies?  I thought of this today as I was thinking about my trip to DC in the fall for the Society for Neuroscience conference and how I may need a roommate.

Re: Professional societies?

• Options
    I am, but not that one.  I know in the past when I've attended conferences, they've had a section of the website where you can get in touch with other students that need roommates, either message boards or 'want ad' type things.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes, SfN has message board things but I was just wondering here out of curiosity.
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited April 2011
    I am!  Just, not that one.  :)  I'm also presenting at my first conference for them this summer!!!  I'm both excited and nervous.

ETA: I also live in the DC area..if you're not wanting a roommate, and you're able to drive, I'd recommend not staying on site and getting a room in Woodbridge or Fairfax.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the input peekaboo.  I'll look into hotels in those areas.
  • Options
    I'm about to graduate from medical school and I just joined the AMA...
  • Options
    I am in several professional societies (NASPA, ACPA, AFA, and ACAA).  The conferences are great places to network. I always have a blast at them, specially the one I went to in Baltimore this past March.  But definitely look at the socieites borads/facebook groups to find a potential roommate.  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards