Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

so how was the food? diy

I am catering my own wedding which sounds crazy I know. I learned from my sisters wedding that preporation and having a HIRED STAFF is key. its is a buffet style wedding with many different creative "stations" I think I have most of it down but I am just looking for do's/dont's tips avoid ideas that you have encountered from catering your own wedding! thank you!

Re: so how was the food? diy

• Make sure that you have enough food for everyone, and have someone put you and H a plate aside. I was a BM at wedding where there was not enough food and by the time the B&G were ready to eat there was hardly anything left.
  • Wow! You really are taking on a task. I couldn't imagine the additional pressure along with all the regular wedding stuff to take care of. Good luck!
  • Yeah good luck! I would never do that!
  • Definitely make sure you have enough food and alcohol. I had one of those DIY weddings where we ran out of food..oops he he he. It was all good though! Whatever you plan for food, double it. If it's a buffet, people will load their plates and throw half of it away (unfortunately). Hire trusted help such as co-workers or family friends that won't be at the wedding and definitely hire a bartender. We had 150 guests and 2 helpers/food prep ladies with 1 bartender was perfect. Make a list of everything you want the helpers to do/prepare/put out for guests. I didn't do this and the silliest, most obvious things were forgotten like the salad dresssing i specfically made for the strawberry salad and all the soda I spent month's stocking up on lol  Make sure you load up on ice and have plenty of room to keep things hot/cold.

Good luck! It is a lot of work but have fun with it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards