Nebraska-Omaha

Engagement Picture Location Suggestions

Hello! I've been engaged for about a month now to the most amazing person I've ever met/my best friend.
I have bits and pieces planned for our wedding and they are slowly coming together beautifully. We recently started discussing locations for our engagement photos and we do not like having the same photos that every other couple has. We're trying to keep things as unique and as personal to us as possible.
Our problem is that we cannot come up with anything that wow's us for a location. So far we've got a video arcade (because we both OBSESS over video games) or the bowling alley he proposed at. Any help or suggestions would be WONDERFUL! Also, any suggestions for photographers would help as well...I just started at different ones...why are there so many in Omaha/Lincoln!?!?!!!!
We've set a date of April 28th, 2012. I know this is a little less than two years away, but I liked to be very prepared. 
Thanks much!

Re: Engagement Picture Location Suggestions

• HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on when you are planning on doing engagement pictures.

These are fairly common but Elmwood Park, Memorial Park, Old Market, ConAgra

LindsaymR had some cool wedding pictures at Am Trac behind Nomad Lounge downtown

What about a playground?  County fair?

There are a few photography posts if you look further down. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • edited December 2011
    We're trying to stay away from parks and downtown and other places that seem overdone for engagement pictures. We're just looking for something that's out of the ordinary.

Like I've stated, we have an arcade or the bowling alley he proposed at on our list. I'm just worried about the lighting. I've also added the art museum (since we are looking at it as an possible venue). Also worried about if these places would give us permission to use their locations.
  • HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would pick your photographer and talk to them about the lighting before you work on locations.  Maybe you could use their engagement picture location ideas to help narrow them all down.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • akardiscoakardisco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw some cute engagement photos taken at a carnival. You'd have to time it right. It would be cute if you could find a carnival at a county fair like Huskerfanz suggested than you could do some photos on the rides and at the food stands (cotton candy, etc.).
  • RokkanenRokkanen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had some great pics taken for our engagement and they were really different.  My favorite was just walking down in Dundee.  In the neighborhood are really gorgeous houses with eclectic gates/fences and garage doors.  It's not something I've seen anywhere else.  Just walk/drive around and you'll find little gems of spots that you'll want to use as a background.
  • edited December 2011
    My FH and I are really into aviation, I'm a pilot and he works in airports.  Anyway, we are planning our engagement photos for next month and I think we're going to have them taken at the Strategic Air and Space Museum in Ashland.  We're going to do some outside and inside photos.  It should be a lot of fun and definitely something different!
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards