Alabama

US Space and Rocket Center

Has anyone had their reception at the US Space and Rocket Center?   My mom felt it would be a good way to keep all of our out-of-town guests entertained at the reception.  And all of those guests are basically both of our families.  Can anyone recommend/not recommend it?  Anyone have any opinions?  Thanks!

Re: US Space and Rocket Center

• hckaczynhckaczyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding held there. We ate under the rocket in the Davidson Center. It is HUGE - the room and the rocket. It is impressive and will get people talking, especially out-of-towners who aren't used to seeing the rocket like Huntsvillians are.

I can't speak for any other aspect of the venue, as we were just guests, but there isn't much to "do" necessarily except walk around looking at the displays. It may be interesting to some people, of course. But it's mostly reading the history of the rocket, how it was built and so on.

The B&G had their tables clustered at the top of the rocket on one end of the gigantic room, and dancing in front of the tables. It worked well, except that in their pictures of their first dance, there is a lifelike display of astronauts on the moon behind them. And most of their pictures have backdrops like that. It's pretty funny and it worked for them since they both work for NASA. But it does have a very specific atmosphere.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Make sure you taste their food before signing anything.  I have heard mix reviews from friends in town but I have not personally eaten anything from there.  I know a lot of my family members are going to visit the Space and Rocket Center when they come into town for the wedding ...
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I would just keep in mind that all your pictures will be all about space stuff. It is neat in the Davidson Center, I've been to events there. The catering left a lot to be desired. Chicken fingers, cheese, crackers... meh.
  • edited December 2011
    I've never been to an event there but I do love the Space and Rocket Center :) I go several times a year.
  • LibrarydragonLibrarydragon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to receptions there and the food was good. Our godson had his reception at the education center across the street. The food was pretty good.
    Mother of the Groom
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards