Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Any experiences with cruises to Canada?

FI and I want to take a European cruise, but we're looking at backups in case money doesn't work out. Anyone ever take a Canadian cruise or know someone who has? Are they fun? FI can't swim and I'm not a big tropics person either.

Re: Any experiences with cruises to Canada?

• Options
    Canada is a big country. Where are you thinking of cruising? Your experience will be vastly different on the East coast vs. the West coast. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    The only Canadian cruise I can think of is from BC (Vancouver area, or Seattle) up to Alaska.  I don't think I've heard of one on the east coast (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI) but that doesn't mean they don't exist.  There are cruises that leave from the east coast of the US - from Boston or Baltimore down to Bermuda and/or the Caribbean.

There aren't really cruises "in" Canada because none of the lakes are deep enough for cruise ships.  There are some sailing ships and tall ships that do trips through the Great Lakes though and stop in both US and Canadian ports, but they're not traditional, big cruise ships.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards