Christian Weddings

registering

how did you let your guests know about where you registered? 

in invites? wedding website?

Re: registering

• FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Apparently, it's not appropriate to put registry information on your invites. We will be putting a link to our wedding website on our invites which will have A section about registry info on it AND registry info will be included on my bridal shower invites. HTH.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding website, which I've written on all WR documents I've sent out. However, not everyone is looking at the site, and most people are asking about it and getting the information word-of-mouth.
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most people asked where we were registered unless they planned to give us cash.  
  • edited December 2011
    okay. (: thanks! i just updated my wedding website with our registery info. 

we only registered for like 35 items (we have about 130) guests. we are hoping to get gift cards or cash. (:
  • edited December 2011
    We have it on the website but it's not the first page that people pull up - they have to want to click on "gift registry" to see the stores.  A lot of people just asked, and word-of-mouth is apparently really strong with my social circle.  Plus, we had a couples' shower last weekend, where the purpose is to bring a gift, so it was listed on the invitations for the shower.  We also have a bridal shower coming up and it will be listed on the invitation for that.  Our registry information was NOT included with the invitation to the wedding. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    Dittto what everyone above said. I will put the info on wedding web-site and will be included on shower invitations. Not on the actual wedding invitations. 

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If someone is hosting a shower for you, it's totally acceptable to include registery info in those invites since the purpose of the event is to give you a gift.  Since the purpose of the wedding is to see you get married, it is presumptious to include registery info because you're assuming your guests will give you a gift.  While most do give gifts, it is not required, therefore considered in bad taste to include the registery info.

We didn't have a wedding website since we got married in the dark ages of 2002 :-P It got spread via word of mouth, mostly.
  • edited December 2011
    at the bottom of my invites I have "For more information, see http://tiffany-alex.weebly.com" I have registry information on the site. For those that don't have computers will probably ask my mom or his mom or just give money.
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI didn't like the wedding website, so we aren't using it. Fine with me, I didn't feel like keeping the thing updated, anyway.

I'm also having to fight my mother not to put the registry info in the invitations. I keep telling her that you don't do that, and she keeps telling me you do. I get the final say, though. :P

We're using word of mouth and they're going in the shower invites. We're having a small-ish wedding, so nearly everyone invited to the wedding is invited to one of the three showers.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited December 2011
    We put it in the shower invites.  

Then we listed our wedding website on our invitations.  I have also gotten a lot of text messages asking me where we are registered. I think folks are very willing to just come up and ask you where you are registered.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards