Snarky Brides

My invitations - Snark/AW as you see fit. PIP

I'm putting the finishing touches on these puppies by the end of the day so any suggestions would be uber helpful.  They are going in a pocketfold.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My invitations - Snark/AW as you see fit. PIP

• They look good to me- but you should consider removing your last names and wedding location info if you're putting them up here.  So healy doesn't come and crash your wedding.
  • I like the concept; it's very modern and clean. But the skyline "line" is a little flat and doesn't stand out to me as a skyline, even as recongnizable as it is. Can you pull a shade of your blue text into the sky, so that it's a light shade of blue and the rest of the invite is white? That may make it pop just a bit more. Also, what does it look like when the majority of the text is grey and your names are blue? I like when the couple's names stand out.

These are all JMO, of course.
  • Definitely remove your last names.  You never know which psychos are lurking.

Also, I've heard this is debatable, but from a mathematical standpoint "Two thousand and ten" is incorrect.  The word "and" denotes a period, so that would be written 2000.10.  Mathematically speaking the number 2010 would be written out "two thousand ten."
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I agree with Bec... I really like them though!  Very clean and crisp :)
  • I took down the main invite so I dont get crashers.  Thanks - I'll totally think about changing up the colors.  ORGINALLY our names were in pink.  Stupid FI doesn't like pink and has the auduacity to think that he can have an opinion - wha??? 

Thanks for your help!
  • I like the colors, but Bec definitely knows more about this stuff than I do :)
  • Oh and btw - the skyline is going to be engraved (or something) within the paper. 
  • edited April 2010
    OMG if you could emboss everything below the skyline and therma-print all your text, that would be so awesome. If you got a deep enough emboss, you wouldn't need to print a skyline at all. It would seriously rock.

I love the blue and grey. Don't pink that up!

EDIT: I really don't think someone should get this excited over invites. Esp. when they are not even hers. :)
  • I don't get it...

will   _____ attend

is that a question? will I attend? will you attend? will not attend? will maybe attend?

It could be seen as a bit unclear - this isn't pretty or right, but more to the point:

Name:  ______________
           ___ will attend
                           If so, total number in party: _____
           ___ will not attend
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Ceremony Location - Scottish Castle

,p> save the date
  • I second Cass's question.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • I agree with Bec- keep the colors as is. I love the blue and grey. I thought the skyline was a heart monitor line when I first saw it, though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_invitations-snarkaw-see-fit-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b372efe4-76f3-424c-915b-a75693131371Post:c5255d21-c802-48e7-b00e-475a77cde126">Re: My invitations - Snark/AW as you see fit. PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the will________ attend.  I like all of it.  I think it's really cool. I'm also giggling at how excited Bec is getting over this. I really wish we could have afforded thermography for our invites.  Sigh. 
    Posted by goheels05[/QUOTE]

The one and only reason we can afford is that my sister's boyfriend's father owns a printing store in my hometown.  My dad does all of his business with him so he's doing it at cost.  Thanks for the props!
  • nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    Code Blue! Patient flat-lined!

No!!! We've got them back...but the heart rhythm is pretty irregular!!!  Look at the peak of that R wave!

Hey...doc...I think thats supposed to be a skyline....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • So my FI is a doctor - which is why the heart rate monitor thing is kinda cool.  or cute - whatver.
  • nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    HA!!!  That is rather funny then.  I was certified in EKG...so that was my first thought.  Overall...agree with PP on those few things to tweak.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • I really, really like these! Not just because I live in Chicago, either :) I love the idea of textured printing. They're so clean and simple, but they're totally eye-catching. Well done!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards