Texas-Austin
Options

wedding day photo location suggestions

My dad's cousin is a professional photographer in our hometown and has offered to gift us with his services for our wedding day.   He isn't from the Austin area but we know that he'll do a great job since its profession back in my hometown. Since our wedding mass is in the morning and reception is in the late afternoon, we'd like to take some pictures in a nice location in the city.  Does anyone have any suggestions for where the bridal party could travel to so we may take pictures?

Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: wedding day photo location suggestions

• Options
    myoung0892myoung0892 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mount Bonnell is very pretty and has a beautiful view of downtown austin. Also, there is the Zilker Park Botannical Gardens, but they charge like $75 for pictures.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sometimes people take photos at the State Capitol.  I think you do have to schedule them with someone there -- don't know if there is a cost involved.

Also the Caswell House is a pretty venue.  They do charge $200/hour as a photo shoot location.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you go to Mount Bonnell, don't miss Mayfield Park.  The park has peacocks and some very beautiful structures that make for great pictures.

We did some engagements at the Capitol.  We didn't have to schedule anything or pay anything, but we only took shots on the grounds of the Capitol, not inside.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are a few places I have been dying to try. The Zilker sculpture gardens looks like it would be really pretty. There is also the Pearl Street Inn and it has some really pretty rock arches that would be fun to use. I also have a few places listed on my Facebook
  • Options
    garzalgarzal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies for all of your suggestions :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards