Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Kansas City theme favor?

Hi ladies -

I'm a Detroit native, marrying a Kansas City boy in Michigan this June. Since the wedding is in MI, most of the items in our out of town bags are going to be MI themed. To make sure to have some type of KC feel to our wedding, I'm trying to find a favor that's Kansas City related.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Re: Kansas City theme favor?

• Options
    A little bottle of BBQ sauce, sunflower seeds (those would be more KS though), or you could ask your FI if there's a food or candy that he traditionally got in KC that you could include.
  • Options
    I love the mini BBQ sauce idea - thanks!

Does anyone know where I'd be able to get small containers of sbbq sauce? We order our bbq in Chicago and ship it from places like Jack Stack and the KC BBQ Store (to get Cowtown Sauce). Both places only have normal sized bottles online...

I would love to find a place that does smaller sized containers, any ideas?

Or, if I need to buy bigger jugs of sauce and just pour it into smaller bottles, my next question is - does that cause any concerns with refridgeration? I'm not sure my family wants 180 bottles of bbq sauce in their fridge pre-wedding! :)
  • Options

Gates BBQ have mini bottles for sale.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_kansas-city-theme-favor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:f4487091-e80a-4609-9f4d-dfbd8bbbfb57Post:afae6eb1-5077-4a69-af1a-d293fe889592">Re: Kansas City theme favor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gates BBQ have mini bottles for sale.
    Posted by yogiebhill[/QUOTE]

<div>Do they sell these at the locations? I want to add these to my hotel welcome bags but I looked for them online. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_kansas-city-theme-favor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:f4487091-e80a-4609-9f4d-dfbd8bbbfb57Post:6afbec76-2050-4c34-9e19-170aa0b1ca30">Re: Kansas City theme favor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes ma'am. I saw them at the State Ave. location.
    Posted by yogiebhill[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Yay! Thanks! I'm going to pick those up next time I'm in town. </div>
  • Options
    Thanks for all the help! Does anyone know of a place online where I can buy mini bottles of Gates or another KC bbq sauce? I swear I found a link a while ago and I can't seem to get back to it. It's driving me crazy!!
  • Options
    Of course right after I post that, I found the website again. Posting it here for any other brides looking for something similar:

http://www.kansassampler.com/shop/food-gates-bbq-gates-bbq-mini-original-sauce-2oz-1620010
  • Options
    Thank you for posting this link!!!!!!! I've been hunting for mini KC bbq sauce bottles for our wedding!
  • Options
    We're giving away Kansas City themed favors at our wedding. We're also going with Gates bbq sauce, but when you really get into ordering it, there are 2 sample sizes. I'm planning on contacting Gates directly because we need more than 100 bottles and we've decided on the larger of the 2 sample sizes, which aren't sold online or at Rally House/Kansas Sampler. We're also giving away snow globes with our photo of us in front of Union Station on one side and a vintage KC photo on the other. Our last favors are goose feather shuttlecocks. If you can't tell, we both really love KC. 
  • Options
    Starbucks has adorable coffee mugs with the Kansas City skyline. They're less than $10 in stores, but the prices online (Amazon, eBay, etc.) look pretty high. Woof.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards