California-Northern

HELP: WIne Country Venues for $35,000 budget

Hi Everyone,
I am going to look at venues in the napa valley this upcoming week but am having a hard time narrowing down my list. There seem to be so many options but at the same time I feel like maybe I'm missing some hidden gems. I'm going to post my list of possible venues below and I would love it if other brides could leave their previous experiences and reviews about some of the venues. Also, if there is a venue that isn't listed feel free to mention it as well. 

A few bits of helpful information:
Our total budget is 36,000 but after our rings we will only have around 30,000-32,000. Also, we want both the ceremony and reception to take place outside. The dancing can take place either outside or inside, we are flexible with that. 

So here goes the list (In order of our favorites):
Vinters Inn
Bear Flag Farm
V. Sattui Winery
Ledson (too expensive)
Silverado Resort
B.R. Cohn Winery
Harvest Inn
The Vintage Estate in Yountville
Calastoga Ranch
Gloria Ferrer Caves
Charles Krug Winery
Jeriko Estate in Mendocino
Brix
Dawn Ranch Lodge
St.Francis 
White House Inn

Sorry I know its a long list. I'm trying to cut it down because I know we can not visit all of these places. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Re: HELP: WIne Country Venues for $35,000 budget

• edited December 2011
    I would also love to know more about...well...EXACTLY this! Anyone? Anyone that looked into it and was discouraged? Encouraged? 
  • edited December 2011
    I checked out a lot of these venues, and I have a similar budget. Specifically, Dawn Ranch charges between 7,500 and 10,000, and food pp will likely be over/around 100 (most of their entrees are 70 pp, and this doesn't include appetizers...). Although I grew up spending time near the venue and really wanted that to be our spot, I found it to be too expensive.... I think they definitely overvalue their services. Depends on the guest count I guess.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!  Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!  I love the Wine country!  I hope that you have found your venue...I'm actually a florist in Sacramento, but I travel all over for the set up.  Wine & Roses is fabulous and they do it all except the floral.
    If you want to stay in your budget, but want big budget flowers then contact me and I would be happy to get you pictures.  I'm a made to order florist...so I can make you anything your heart desires.  Most of my brides tell me that I'm much less than the other florists, cause I don't have a store front.  I just specialize in wedding flowers. 
    Please check out my website:   www.buddingevents.com
    Or just send me an email and include any info you have on colors, number of pieces you need like the bouquets, bouts, corsages, estmated number of tables, or the estimated guest count..I can help with figuring out a good estimate. 
    I can make you great ceremony pieces that can also be used during the reception for making the budget less than you want to spend.
    Thanks so much!
    Tracy Gibbons with Budding Events
    gibbons.tracy@att.net
    916-361-1885
    PS...alot of my brides are out of town...so I can help you via emails and phone to help with that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards