South Asian Weddings
Options

How many venues did you look at..

for the ceremony, mehndi, reception etc etc? 

TIA!!

Re: How many venues did you look at..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ceremony - 4
    Reception - 3
  • Options
    Priya310Priya310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ceremony - 3
    Reception - 7 :(
  • Options
    temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    OMG way too many!

We had a church ceremony, and I still had to go look at 6 churches (mine didn't hold enough people, one cost too much, etc.).

I feel like I saw every reception venue in my entire area.  Seriously.  I visited at least a dozen, and there were still others I contacted but didn't end up going.  It was completely horrible.

Don't worry.  Finding the venue is the really bad part.  Once we got the venue a lot of other things just fell into place.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going to skew the average with our 3. I emailed a lot more places and researched online. Then we saw three in person - we wanted both the ceremony and reception in the same location.

Funny story - we actually chose a venue based on the sales director we met with at venue number 2. She asked if we had looked at the Westin on the other side of town. No, but thanks for the suggestion! We went home, checked out their website and emailed them for a quote. Even though they were higher priced, we visited, negotiated and booked :)
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    bridetobeeebridetobeee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I called over 250-300 places but only went to visit 4. I made a huge spreadsheet to see if the places fit my criteria (budget, location, availability) and went to visit those that fit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards