Massachusetts-Boston

Boston mini-moon?

Hi ladies,

I am a NJ knottie. My Fi and I aren't able to go on our honeymoon until 4 months after the wedding. Therefore, we want to go on a mini-moon. We are just looking for a long weekend getaway (3-4 nights). We were thinking of coming up to Boston. Neither of us have ever been there, and have been wanting to go.

Are there any sections/hotels of the city that you recommend?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!
imageAnniversary Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Boston mini-moon?

• edited December 2011
    The Millenium Hotel is in a good location. It is pretty trendy (in terms of decor), more reasonably priced (at least it was) and right in the heart of tourist town (Faneuil Hall). You can actually get rooms with balconies that open to all the fun below.

Definitely take the Duck Tours of trolley tours. If you or H is a history buff you will have so much fun just doing that for the day. The north end has amazing food, but so does Chinatown. I recommend the New England Aquarium as a great day trip too.
  • ashleykellyashleykelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The South End has wonderful restaurants and wonderful B&Bs- very cute area. Faneuil Hall is where to go to party and I second a duck tour. If you are really into history you can walk the freedom trail, which can be a lot of fun. Enjoy the sights and all of the bars!
  • edited December 2011
    Newbury St. has awesome shopping. :o)  FI and I live close to Fenway so we usually hang out there or in the Back Bay most often. Fenway is super fun, even if the Sox aren't at home.
  • edited December 2011
    I 3rd the ducktour, book early if that hasn't been said.  If you're up from some walking the freedom trail is pretty interesting.  Sam Adams give free tours (the ask a $1 or 2 donation for different area charities) You get a little tasting glass and some free beer (Easiest way to get there is Orange line to stony brook stop)  Depending on the time of year your coming up there's whale watches and other boat tours. If you have time, take the ride down to the Cape.
  • jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

FUN!

I recommend the Beacon Hill Hotel & Bistro.  It's a luxury/modern B&B in Beacon Hill--right on Charles St where there are all kinds of cute boutiques & restaurants.  Perfect for a mini-moon.  :)  The bistro is SOOOOO yummy.  It's within walking distance to Boston Common & Faneuil Hall. 

There are tons of musuems; you can walk the Freedom Trail.  The Boston Duck Tours give a great overview of the city.  I also highly recommend:
    The Harvard Museum of Natural History Glass Flowers Exhibit
    The Mapparium at the Mary Baker Eddy Library

Boston is physically really small and each "section" is only a few square blocks, so it's easy to explore many different neighborhoods.

Have a fun trip!

Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all soo much! This is really helpful Smile
    imageAnniversary Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards